Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Sep 15th 2017, 10:26 am   #1
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 33
keiller84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

To help with the collation of our evidence, can anyone please post the list of 'Recommended Documents' that is pre-populated in the ImmiAccount when you are ready to upload your supporting evidence?

According to this (https://www.border.gov.au/help-text/..._documents.pdf) - the categories of required evidence should show up but it would be very helpful to know what these are for the 309/100 Partner Visa.

I am also assuming that this (https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-...ment-checklist) is what they refer to as the 'checklist' for types of evidence you need to provide, which can all be referenced when filling in the online form.
keiller84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th 2017, 11:56 am   #2
Witchy Hermit
Premium Member
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 91,077
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiller84 View Post
To help with the collation of our evidence, can anyone please post the list of 'Recommended Documents' that is pre-populated in the ImmiAccount when you are ready to upload your supporting evidence?

According to this (https://www.border.gov.au/help-text/..._documents.pdf) - the categories of required evidence should show up but it would be very helpful to know what these are for the 309/100 Partner Visa.

I am also assuming that this (https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-...ment-checklist) is what they refer to as the 'checklist' for types of evidence you need to provide, which can all be referenced when filling in the online form.
The categories will show up when its time to upload the documents. Be aware though that the categories which show up are all those possible, NOT just the ones needed for a Spouse Visa. Hence its not really worth someone trying to post aist as it includes things like 'evidence of renouncing previous citizenships'.

So you need to compile your list of documents based on what is in the checklist, including all the bits of evidence of your relationship, then when you are attaching the docs you just pick the most applicable category for each one

Be warned, there is a limit of 60 documents, so combine things where you can to keep the total number down - eg several financial statements in one pdf.
__________________
So when you think of me do so with pride, Honour and Bravery ruled by my side.
And in your memory I will remain; I will forever be within the flame.....
Don't shed a tear for me,I stand alone. This path of destiny is all my own.
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice............"
Pollyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th 2017, 12:38 pm   #3
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 33
keiller84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

Thanks - I came across this helpful list on a blog which will prove invaluable when collating all of our evidence!

Evidence Types in ImmiAccount for Applicant (some may not apply)
• Address – Residental, Evidence of
• Birth or Age, Evidence of
• Character, Evidence of
• Citizenship – Not Australian, Evidence of
• Identity, Evidence of
• Photograph
• Relationship – Spouse, De facto Partner, Evidence of
• Travel Document
• Contact while apart, Evidence of
• Couple are living together, Evidence of
• Financial aspects of the relationship, Evidence of
• Form 888 Statutory declaration by a supporting witness in relation to a Partner or Prospective Marriage visa application
• Length of the de facto relationship, Evidence of
• Nature of the couple’s household, Evidence of
• Nature of the couple’s mutual commitment to each other, Evidence of
• Social aspects of the relationship, Evidence of

• Change of Name, Evidence of
• Family Composition, Evidence of
• Form 956 Appointment of a migration agent
• Form 1221 Additional personal particulars form
• Health, Evidence of
• Medical Examination, Evidence of Intention to Undergo
• Military Discharge, Evidence of
• Military Service, Evidence of
• National Identity Document (other than Passport)
• Photograph – Other
• Divorce/Separation, Evidence of
• Form 956A Appointment of an authorised contact
• Form 80 Personal particulars for character assessment
• Marriage, Evidence of
• Registered relationship, Evidence of
• Visa status in country of residence, Evidence of

Evidence Types in ImmiAccount for Sponsor (some may not apply)
• Address – Residental, Evidence of – Utilities Account
• Birth or Age, Evidence of – Birth Certificate
• Citizenship – Australian, Evidence of – Passport
• Identity, Evidence of – Birth Certificate c

• Australian Permanent Residence, Evidence of
• Change of Name, Evidence of
• Character, Evidence of
• Eligible New Zealand Citizen, Evidence of
• Family Composition, Evidence of
• Divorce/Separation, Evidence of
• Form 40SP Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia
keiller84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th 2017, 1:39 pm   #4
Witchy Hermit
Premium Member
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 91,077
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

As I said though, not every category is relevant as the same list appears for other visas, not just the Spouse Visa. So you still need to compile the evidence using the normal checklists, then just select a category when uploading. Ensuring you have info for all the categories on the checklist matters more than ensuring you fill as many of the Immiaccount listed categories as ossible
If you select the wrong category, it doesn't matter.

And be mindful of the 60 document limit - anything else has to wait until you have a CO and can email it. A total of 60 documents doesn't take long to reach for a Spouse Visa - that incudes all ID docs, passports etc
__________________
So when you think of me do so with pride, Honour and Bravery ruled by my side.
And in your memory I will remain; I will forever be within the flame.....
Don't shed a tear for me,I stand alone. This path of destiny is all my own.
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice............"
Pollyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th 2017, 1:46 pm   #5
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 33
keiller84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

Absolutely, it was just useful to see the list of categories and also the list of 'types of document' which will help when collating all of our evidence so it's straight forward when it comes to uploading it.
keiller84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th 2017, 9:50 am   #6
Premium Member
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 8,159
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

I'll do you a list of the actual documents required at some point this weekend.
BritInParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th 2017, 12:44 pm   #7
Premium Member
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 8,159
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

Applicant
- Form 47SP (electronic version via ImmiAccount)
- British passport (bio-data page)
- Full British birth certificate (showing names of parents)
- ACRO Police Certificate
- Health assessment

Sponsor
- Form 40SP (electronic version via ImmiAccount - your sponsor will need to set up her own ImmiAccount and then plug in your TRN in order to link the form to your application. She can upload her supporting documents to her own account.)
- Australian passport (bio-data page)
- Current permission to remain in the UK (Ancestry visa)
- Full Australian birth certificate (showing names of parents)
- ACRO Police Certificate
- AFP National Police Check

Joint
- Joint bank statements, Council Tax bills, utility bills, tenancy agreements, etc.. dated to show that you have been cohabiting for at least three years from the date of application (this will mean you will be assessed for immediate permanent residence).
- Photographs of yourselves together and with family and friends (no more than a dozen) showing the time and place they were taken.
- Two Form 888s (for Australian citizens) or statutory declarations (for non-Australian citizens) from friends and/or family vouching for your relationship.

You try and scan the documents as PDFs and any documents that are related (for instance, three years worth of joint bank statements) should be scanned into a single file. You should be looking to keep the numbers of the files you upload to a minimum. This will make it much easier for you when uploading and for the case officer to assess your application. There's also a limit of 60 files on your ImmiAccount.
BritInParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:33 pm   #8
Fake Tan Queen
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,263
LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

That is incredibly helpful, @keiller84. Thanks for posting that list.
LaLaLayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:02 am   #9
Witchy Hermit
Premium Member
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 91,077
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLayla View Post
That is incredibly helpful, @keiller84. Thanks for posting that list.
Be aware though that the list includes many categories of documents which are totally irrelevant for Spouse Visas.
__________________
So when you think of me do so with pride, Honour and Bravery ruled by my side.
And in your memory I will remain; I will forever be within the flame.....
Don't shed a tear for me,I stand alone. This path of destiny is all my own.
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice............"
Pollyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 7:23 am   #10
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 33
keiller84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

Thanks @BritInParis that's extremely useful! If anything it actually makes it look much simpler than it can seem at first.

When you say Statutory Declarations from non-Australian citizens, do you just mean signed statements? (do these have to be certified?)
keiller84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 7:35 am   #11
Premium Member
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 8,159
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiller84 View Post
Thanks @BritInParis that's extremely useful! If anything it actually makes it look much simpler than it can seem at first.

When you say Statutory Declarations from non-Australian citizens, do you just mean signed statements? (do these have to be certified?)
Actually reading the blurb for Form 888 again a non-Australian citizen can complete the form as well. I would say Australian citizen/permanent resident for preference though as DIBP will hold their details. Anyone completing Form 888 should also provide a copy of their passport.
BritInParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 7:52 am   #12
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 33
keiller84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

Besides filling in the Form 47SP (ImmiAccount equivalent), our compiled evidence basically looks like this - organised under the evidence types that pre-populate once you submit the form.

Any feedback about this would be very much appreciated, and hopefully it's helpful for others to see what we've done.

Address - Residential, Evidence of
- TV/Broadband bill showing name and address
- Bank statement showing name and address

Birth or Age, Evidence of
- Birth Certificate

Character, Evidence of
- Form 80

Identity, Evidence of
- Drivers license
- Passport

Photograph
- 4 x passport sized photos of applicant

Relationship - DeFacto Partner, Evidence of
- Cover letter detailing our evidence and summary of why we are applying
- Signed statement by applicant on history and development of relationship
- Signed statement by sponsor on history and development of relationship

Contact while apart, Evidence of
We met in Fiji in Feb 2014 when I was on holiday, a month after arriving back in the UK I flew back to Sydney to meet her parents and we had already begun her UK ancestry visa application

- Flight booking confirmation for my flights to Sydney
- Screenshots of important texts/facetime logs/messenger conversations
- Photos from meeting her parents and during that holiday

Couple are living together, Evidence of
The mortgage/bills are in my brother or parents name to which I contribute, so we don't have utility bills as such but plenty other evidence

- Postcards, letters and invitations sent to both of us at the flat address
- Supporting letter (signed statement) from my brother (owner of flat) confirming we live there

Financial aspects of the relationship, Evidence of
- Statements from our joint bank account
- Bank letter confirming setup of joint account
- Car insurance document showing sponsor as a named driver
- Copy of applicant and sponsor bank statements showing monthly transfer to joint account
- Statement from partner's brother/parents about mortgage/utility bills
- Mortgage letter
- Vet bills and insurance documents for our cat

Length of the defacto relationship, Evidence of
- Copy of sponsor's UK ancestry visa application
- Flight booking confirmation for sponsor's flight to UK
- Screenshots of conversations on Facebook detailing beginning of relationship

Nature of the couple's household, Evidence of
- Joint statement about distribution of housework (if the 2000 character limit in the online form isn't sufficient)

Nature of the couple's mutual commitment to each other, Evidence of
- Joint statement about our future plans (if the 2000 character limit in the online form isn't sufficient)
- Details of organising getting our cat transported to Australia
- Cards given to each other on anniversaries and birthdays
- Screenshots of key texts/messages/emails to each other
- Individual statements showing knowledge of each other's family and background

Social aspects of the relationship, Evidence of
- Formal Statutory Declarations (Form 888) from 2 x Australian Citizens confirming relationship
- Signed statements from friends in UK and Australia confirming our relationship (around 5 total)
- We also used the Stat Dec (Form 888) for 1-2 of the main supporting statements from friends
- Flight confirmation emails for holidays
- Boarding passes for holidays
- Photos from holidays/with both families/with friends
- Evidence of using each other as emergency contacts
- Tickets from gigs/attractions we have been to together
keiller84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 12:52 pm   #13
Witchy Hermit
Premium Member
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 91,077
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Actually reading the blurb for Form 888 again a non-Australian citizen can complete the form as well. I would say Australian citizen/permanent resident for preference though as DIBP will hold their details. Anyone completing Form 888 should also provide a copy of their passport.
DIBP like to have a couple from Aussie citizens/PR wherever possible. If thats not possible, then use non-Aussies. Reason is, according to an agent a few years back, DIBP can take action against Aussies who fill in fraudulent forms, as 888 is a legally binding document. Thats why they want proof of the person's status in Aus, be it citizen or PR.
If the person making the statement has no status in Australia, then they can still use 888 but DIBP have no comeback if they make fraudulent statements.
__________________
So when you think of me do so with pride, Honour and Bravery ruled by my side.
And in your memory I will remain; I will forever be within the flame.....
Don't shed a tear for me,I stand alone. This path of destiny is all my own.
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice............"
Pollyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:10 pm   #14
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 33
keiller84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

Yeah we're going to have 4 x 888 forms from Australian citizens (mixture of sponsor's family and friends) then 4 x 888 forms for family and friends in the UK - using the same form just so it's easy for them to complete.

Certified and copies of passport for all of them.
keiller84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st 2017, 1:13 pm   #15
Premium Member
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 8,159
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Documents on ImmiAccount - DeFacto Partner Visa 309/100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
DIBP like to have a couple from Aussie citizens/PR wherever possible. If thats not possible, then use non-Aussies. Reason is, according to an agent a few years back, DIBP can take action against Aussies who fill in fraudulent forms, as 888 is a legally binding document. Thats why they want proof of the person's status in Aus, be it citizen or PR.
If the person making the statement has no status in Australia, then they can still use 888 but DIBP have no comeback if they make fraudulent statements.
That was my understanding as well.
BritInParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 6:09 pm.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com