Re: Criminal record

Old Sep 10th 2014, 12:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal record

Originally Posted by Pollyana
All they can access is VEVO on the DIBP website which simply gives the visa status and subclass, and whether the person has working rights. No info on criminal hstory or any other part of the application is available to employers.

The question on the incoming passenger card is 'Do you have any criminal convictions?'
A caution is not a criminal conviction, you don't need to declare it and you won't be asked about it.
Very good news for yorkielad, Polly. Bless you for taking the time and trouble to provide such knowledgeable and detailed advice, as you always do
Old Sep 10th 2014, 12:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
For info on UK police clearance go here;

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

In your case the certificate will likely show as "No Live Trace" which means there is something recorded against you - in your case the caution.This means only police can access this information without a court order.
Looking on the New Zealand website it says that if this is the case you must declare what the offence was to immigration on your visa application.It's their country so they can set their own rules!
Haven't had time to look ,but I expect australia is similar.
Whether it would affect your application I don't know , but for just a caution hopefully not.
As we've said all along, yes it gets declared for immigration as nothing is spent. However for job applications it depends on the individual establishment.
For Australia, the caution as admitted to on here, on its own, will have no detrimental effect on a visa - over the years we've seen far far worse on here and those posters have been granted visas without a hitch
Old Sep 12th 2014, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

yorkielad is an unknown quantity at this point

Would appreciate it if anyone has more details on the immigration card, and what the questions are? gonna have to fess to the missus about my record not easy after 10 years, like I said I've buried it only ever giving it any thought when going for jobs which is 3 times in the last ten years.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Listen to Polly in post 14. You've not got any convictions, you don't need to tell your missus or Australian immigration on arrival in the country. There's confirmation of that here, which says "A caution is not a criminal conviction, but it could be used as evidence of bad character if you go to court for another crime".
Old Sep 12th 2014, 11:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkielad
Would appreciate it if anyone has more details on the immigration card, and what the questions are? gonna have to fess to the missus about my record not easy after 10 years, like I said I've buried it only ever giving it any thought when going for jobs which is 3 times in the last ten years.
Google Immigation pax card Australia and ou can read it for yourself