Quotes please

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 8:24 am
Heidi Gaffney-Evans

Hello sunseekers and others,

I've received a few quotes from UK migration agents for migrating to Aus and was wondering
if Aussie agents would be cheaper, quicker, better? (and if so what advantages do they
have over other agents?)

The quotes we have been given range from £1500 (plus usual application fees) upto £2500
(plus usual application fees).

Here are some of my details, I'm 30 in August 2001, three years secondary teaching
experience (Science and Maths) in July 2001, born and educated in the UK. My husband also
has a degree but is going through a career change to become an accountant, but won't be
trained fully for 15 months. I've already lodged my skills assessment through NOOSR and
will be the principle applicant for the visa. We've decided to go for a skilled
independent visa.

Any feedback will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Heidi

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 3:10 pm
Heidi Gaffney-Evans

Sorry I forgot to put my e-mail address on that message.

Heidi

[email protected]

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 10:29 pm
JAJ

Heidi George Lombard has posted in reply to another message a quote of AUD1500, which you
might want to look at.

But many people who have uncomplicated applications handle their own, without an agent at
all. It can be done.

Jeremy

>Hello sunseekers and others,
>
>I've received a few quotes from UK migration agents for migrating to Aus and was
>wondering if Aussie agents would be cheaper, quicker, better? (and if so what advantages
>do they have over other agents?)
>
>The quotes we have been given range from £1500 (plus usual application fees) upto £2500
>(plus usual application fees).
>
>Here are some of my details, I'm 30 in August 2001, three years secondary teaching
>experience (Science and Maths) in July 2001, born and educated in the UK. My husband also
>has a degree but is going through a career change to become an accountant, but won't be
>trained fully for 15 months. I've already lodged my skills assessment through NOOSR and
>will be the principle applicant for the visa. We've decided to go for a skilled
>independent visa.
>
>Any feedback will be gratefully received.
>
>Cheers
>
>Heidi

Old Feb 26th 2001, 11:47 am
david.hutchins

We decided to do our own paperwork and managed ok-just waiting for our medicals now.If you
have no real problems I would suggest the same.

--

> Hello sunseekers and others,
>
> I've received a few quotes from UK migration agents for migrating to Aus
and
> was wondering if Aussie agents would be cheaper, quicker, better? (and if
so
> what advantages do they have over other agents?)
>
> The quotes we have been given range from £1500 (plus usual application
fees)
> upto £2500 (plus usual application fees).
>
> Here are some of my details, I'm 30 in August 2001, three years secondary teaching
> experience (Science and Maths) in July 2001, born and educated in the UK. My husband
> also has a degree but is going through a career change to
become
> an accountant, but won't be trained fully for 15 months. I've already lodged my skills
> assessment through NOOSR and will be the principle applicant for the visa. We've decided
> to go for a skilled independent visa.
>
> Any feedback will be gratefully received.
>
> Cheers
>
> Heidi

Old Mar 2nd 2001, 1:20 am
Lamb

Hi

Hope u don't mind me asking.....but I see that u r a teacher. My wife is teacher too and
we applied to migrate thru her... We have reached our last stage of migration. We have
received a letter on approval in principle and need to be in Aus by this mid may for the
initial entry.

But at no time did she lodge her skill assessment thru NOOSR. Hmm...I was wondering if
that is a requirement or just optional. (we also submitted via skilled independent
migration classification) But still we have reached this last stage w/o them asking for
skill assessment...(?)

Anyway would like to know how u go about submitting your skill assessment? (To be frank,
she will probably be homemaker once we go to Oz,.... her choice)

thanks

Az

>
    >
    >
and
    >
so
    >
    >
    >
fees)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
become
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 2nd 2001, 7:44 pm
Heidi Gaffney-Evans

Az

I'm applying from the UK as the principle applicant and the visa application form states
that I have to be recognised as a teacher by NOOSR before I could qualify for the 60
points for a secondary school teacher, and I must include this information (as an original
document not a copy), with the application.

The address for NOOSR (which stands for National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition)
is: NOOSR Level 2 14 Mort Street Canberra ACT 2601 The e-mail address is:
[email protected] The web site is: www.detya.gov..au/noosr

You can download forms but have to send them off as they don't process e-mailed of faxed
applications. It costs AUS$300 and takes approximately 4-5 months by their calculations,
but I have heard from others that it took them 2-3 months. This recognition not only gives
you points for the application but will also help when it comes to registering as a
teacher in the state you have chosen to settle in. The government and non-government
schools have separate bodies who do this. The information for this is on the website
address above.

I hope this will be of use to you and your wife.

good luck

Heidi

[email protected]