Q> Visa Tourist and Transit

Old Mar 14th 2014, 4:10 am
Just Joined

geo75hound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Q> Visa Tourist and Transit

Hello guys i found this website through a friends' referral. I have a couple of questions regarding Visas

We plan on travelling to Australia to meet up with some friends and hope to join them on a cruise. The cruise is bound to sail from Australia and goes to Hawaii. Then from Hawaii we plan on flying to United States.

Questions.
1. What Visa do i need?
-I've done a little research and since we are only going to transit from Australia to u.s. We just needed to have a Transit VISA, but when i downloaded the visa form (Transit Visa) there's a section there that says when traveling on a cruise i will need a visitors visa (Tourist Visa)
2. What advice would you give us to make the plan work out.

PS we are Non US/Canadian Citizens
Old Mar 14th 2014, 4:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q> Visa Tourist and Transit

Although you're only transitting, you will in fact be 'visiting' Australia as you'll have to leave the transit area of the airport and travel to the cruise terminal. You'll need to get a visitors visa. Sounds like a great trip, have fun.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q> Visa Tourist and Transit

Originally Posted by geo75hound
Hello guys i found this website through a friends' referral. I have a couple of questions regarding Visas

We plan on travelling to Australia to meet up with some friends and hope to join them on a cruise. The cruise is bound to sail from Australia and goes to Hawaii. Then from Hawaii we plan on flying to United States.

Questions.
1. What Visa do i need?
-I've done a little research and since we are only going to transit from Australia to u.s. We just needed to have a Transit VISA, but when i downloaded the visa form (Transit Visa) there's a section there that says when traveling on a cruise i will need a visitors visa (Tourist Visa)
2. What advice would you give us to make the plan work out.

PS we are Non US/Canadian Citizens
As you are actually entering Australia you will need the appropriate visitor visa, depending on what passports you are holding.
HAve a look at
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visit/Pages/Visit.aspx