Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Proving Family and Substantial Ties for RRV

Proving Family and Substantial Ties for RRV

Old Oct 5th 2015, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

adele.browne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proving Family and Substantial Ties for RRV

Hello,

I've spent some of primary, high school and also been employed in Australia as a Permanent Resident, but have lived in the UK in my home country since August 2010.

My boyfriend and son are looking to get a Partner and Child visa respectively, and I believe I need to sponsor them if and when my RRV is approved.

My Mother is living permanently in Brisbane as a PR and we're hoping to move back to the same area to work before my son starts school there, too (within next year or so).

So my question is how are the best ways of my proving ties to Australia for my RRV? Obviously family ties but what evidence other than my Mum's visa/birth cert to support our relationship?

What are some other things I can provide to support my application, please?
I won't have substantial cultural or employment ties so it will fall into personal ties, I think:

'Relevant considerations in assessing claims of substantial personal ties include:● enabling a family unit to remain together;● a long history of residence in Australia;● personal assets in Australia;● regarding Australia as home; or● intention to reside permanently'

Thought a bit of background info may be beneficial in the question, any help is welcomed.

Thanks,
Adele