Prospective Marriage Visa

Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

-=|MisterY|=- is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Prospective Marriage Visa

Hi,

In the eligibility criteria for the Prospective Marriage Visa sponsor, it states that one may not be eligible if
- you have sponsored another partner within the last five (5) years

I had my previous spouse listed in the General Skilled Visa and we both received visas in 2005 and validated. We later divorced before moving to Australia and she does not intend to move at all (not that it is relevant, though).
Would this pose a problem for me to sponsor a girlfriend for a Prospective Marriage Visa?
I wasn't aware of this issue as I didn't consider the options until I met the most beautiful person in the world.

Any insight greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:37 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prospective Marriage Visa

Originally Posted by -=|MisterY|=-
Hi,

In the eligibility criteria for the Prospective Marriage Visa sponsor, it states that one may not be eligible if
- you have sponsored another partner within the last five (5) years

I had my previous spouse listed in the General Skilled Visa and we both received visas in 2005 and validated. We later divorced before moving to Australia and she does not intend to move at all (not that it is relevant, though).
Would this pose a problem for me to sponsor a girlfriend for a Prospective Marriage Visa?
I wasn't aware of this issue as I didn't consider the options until I met the most beautiful person in the world.
George Lombard will confirm, but as far as I am aware the restriction does not apply to a spouse previously included as a secondary applicant on a skilled migration visa.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Prospective Marriage Visa

Originally Posted by JAJ
George Lombard will confirm, but as far as I am aware the restriction does not apply to a spouse previously included as a secondary applicant on a skilled migration visa.
Oh, JAJ, thank you so much!
That was such a burden.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:04 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by -=|MisterY|=-
Oh, JAJ, thank you so much!
That was such a burden.
Hi Mr Y,

Jeremy's right, there is no relevant restriction. This is just an accident of how they wrote the legislation, but yes you can bring your fiance.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Mr Y,

Jeremy's right, there is no relevant restriction. This is just an accident of how they wrote the legislation, but yes you can bring your fiance.

Cheers,

George Lombard
George,

Thanks for many good advice over the years.
I'm finally flying to Oz on 20th this month. First I'll settle down with job and accommodation, then we'll work on visa for her.
Thank you both for simplifying things for us.

Best wishes,

Alen