proof of employment

Old Oct 8th 2017, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default proof of employment

right then all next question

when going through the visa process you need p60 or payslips from your jobs to prove you have worked in relevant trade or tax returns etc.

so iv got 60 points although to get 65 i would need to prove another 3 years of plumbing work. so iv claimed 5 years experience which i have loads of proof for. but the 4 years before was with another company although i have done the work the company i was with at the time got bought out and then that company went bang. i may have a random payslip but not more than that.

has anyone else come across this problem and how would i get enough proof for my case officer to accept i was doing plumbing work with them?

i know one of the old bosses and could possibly get him to write a reference letter would this help?

my nvq2 plumbing shows i passed in may 2010 and i was with said company for 2 years before that. but like i said i am going to struggle to prove these things unless one of you lot has an idea or advice?

struggling to prove it is why i didnt put over 8 years experience on my eoi. so im hoping someone on here has some ideas

as always thanks for the help!
Old Oct 8th 2017, 9:30 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of employment

Originally Posted by jon111
right then all next question

when going through the visa process you need p60 or payslips from your jobs to prove you have worked in relevant trade or tax returns etc.

so iv got 60 points although to get 65 i would need to prove another 3 years of plumbing work. so iv claimed 5 years experience which i have loads of proof for. but the 4 years before was with another company although i have done the work the company i was with at the time got bought out and then that company went bang. i may have a random payslip but not more than that.

has anyone else come across this problem and how would i get enough proof for my case officer to accept i was doing plumbing work with them?

i know one of the old bosses and could possibly get him to write a reference letter would this help?

my nvq2 plumbing shows i passed in may 2010 and i was with said company for 2 years before that. but like i said i am going to struggle to prove these things unless one of you lot has an idea or advice?

struggling to prove it is why i didnt put over 8 years experience on my eoi. so im hoping someone on here has some ideas

as always thanks for the help!
Only skilled experience counts for points, so if you did not pass NVQ2 until 2010, you will have at most 7 years experience (that's if all experience post 2010 is deemed skilled).

If you have already claimed 5 years, you will not be able to improve upon this as the next level is 8.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

You will also lose years for only having an nvq2.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute

loose years for only having an nvq 2? sorry im not sure what you mean by this?
Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:51 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't have a level 3 or above qualification, then immigration deduct your first three years to count as an informal 'apprenticeship period', meaning that you'll have to minus the first three years and then whatever is left over within the last 10 years can be counted for points.

Regards,

Richard
Old Oct 9th 2017, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

so if i got my nvq 2 in 2010 they will only give me 3 years experience? as im only claiming 6 year at the moment.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

worth mentioning i have gas qualifications oil quals and wet stove quals as well does that make a difference?
Old Oct 9th 2017, 2:26 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

The NVQ 2 won't be counted. The situation would be the same as if you had no quals at all - Immigration will deduct the first three years of your employment.

Regards,

Richard
Old Oct 9th 2017, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

well looks like ill have to get on to hmrc then thanks for the info richard
Old Oct 10th 2017, 1:21 pm

Use this link for HMRC:

https://www.gov.uk/get-proof-employment-history

Regards,

Richard
Old Aug 6th 2018, 3:07 pm
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Hijacking thread but this is the first we've heard of NVQ 2 not being recognised. Is this rule applied across all occupations e.g. Chef.

The sponsoring business has hired migrations agents but they've not mentioned this issue. We realise the qualification is not recognised as enough to qualify for full Cert IV VetAssess but from their website info we figured NVQ 2 plus 5 1/2 years experience would be enough. He has closer to 10 years experience but can only provide evidence for half as he's moved around and kept rubbish records, plus quite a few former employers have changed hands.

Thought we were ready to submit but seems we may need to panic instead!