Progress after VAC2 payment?

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:31 am
Just Joined

stan.b is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Progress after VAC2 payment?

Hi everybody,
I have got a strange situation with my application due to these priority changes

I lodged my 175 application in September 2008, got WA SS on August 2009 and converted application to 176, no CLS.

I have found a pre-grant e-mail with VAC2 request on 2nd July. I sent the VAC2 form next business day and it has been charged immediately, so i provided all the information they requested on July 5.

Since that time i did not get any updates on my application, but i guess normally i should have my visa already granted.

I am afraid that dispite the fact that i have received pre-grant letter my application is affected with these priority changes and i have bad luck once again as my occupation (2231-11 systems manager) is not in the new SOL and seems not to be in any other priority group.

Does anybody have experience or any ideas whether freezing of the appication after pre-grant and VAC2 payment is possible or not?

I am about to send PLE, but to be honest i am just afraid to see the reply if my fears are not results of my pessimism about my case

Thanks!
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LATEST ANNOUNCEMENT/PROCESSSING PRIORITIES FROM ADELAIDE PROCESSING CENTRE

If you are an online applicant then check your online status. Also email your CO and ask the status after VAC2 payment transfer.
Originally Posted by stan.b
Hi everybody,
I have got a strange situation with my application due to these priority changes

I lodged my 175 application in September 2008, got WA SS on August 2009 and converted application to 176, no CLS.

I have found a pre-grant e-mail with VAC2 request on 2nd July. I sent the VAC2 form next business day and it has been charged immediately, so i provided all the information they requested on July 5.

Since that time i did not get any updates on my application, but i guess normally i should have my visa already granted.

I am afraid that dispite the fact that i have received pre-grant letter my application is affected with these priority changes and i have bad luck once again as my occupation (2231-11 systems manager) is not in the new SOL and seems not to be in any other priority group.

Does anybody have experience or any ideas whether freezing of the appication after pre-grant and VAC2 payment is possible or not?

I am about to send PLE, but to be honest i am just afraid to see the reply if my fears are not results of my pessimism about my case

Thanks!
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 12:09 pm

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Progress after VAC2 payment?

Hi everybody,

Thanks!
I may be asking a dumb question here, but what are you waiting for? If you got pre-grant, shouldn't you send it to nearest Australian Embassy etc to get the visa stamped (considering that payment has already been made)? Why do you need an official acknowledgement to go ahead... isn't pregrant acknowledgement enough....
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

I wish You we right, but unfortunatelly it's not true.

Pre-grant only means that processing is finished, but the formal decision whether the visa will be granted or not has not been made yet. To go to an embassy grant letter is necessary.

May be i just start panic without a real reason, just it lasts too long to "stay patient".

Last edited by stan.b; Aug 3rd 2010 at 1:08 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 5:53 am
Just Joined

i was wrong! priority changes did not affect me. I have just got the grant letter so all my worries had no grounds.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

born2learn will become famous soon enoughborn2learn will become famous soon enough

i was wrong! priority changes did not affect me. I have just got the grant letter so all my worries had no grounds.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:43 am
Just Joined

thank you all!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:54 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you all!
Congrats