Problem with my designation...!!!

Old Feb 12th 2015, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

dilruk336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem with my designation...!!!

hi all,

I need a assistance from your expertise about my position of my current employment. I work in a single company since 2008 July.
Even though my duties remain unchanged , however my designation changes as follows
2008 July - 2014 February - IT and Network Officer
2014 February - Now - Assistant Administrator (IT and Network)

I applied to ACS under position of IT and Network Officer and ACS Letter mentioned it on their positive assessment letter .
a. Is it a problem while I submitting EOI with my new designation ?
b. Or else , Do I need to Re-Apply for ACS to change the designation to current one ?

Thanks a lot for your time and consideration
Old Feb 13th 2015, 11:33 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem with my designation...!!!

Originally Posted by dilruk336
hi all,

I need a assistance from your expertise about my position of my current employment. I work in a single company since 2008 July.
Even though my duties remain unchanged , however my designation changes as follows
2008 July - 2014 February - IT and Network Officer
2014 February - Now - Assistant Administrator (IT and Network)

I applied to ACS under position of IT and Network Officer and ACS Letter mentioned it on their positive assessment letter .
a. Is it a problem while I submitting EOI with my new designation ?
b. Or else , Do I need to Re-Apply for ACS to change the designation to current one ?

Thanks a lot for your time and consideration
When did you get your assessment from ACS?
Old Feb 16th 2015, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
When did you get your assessment from ACS?
I applied to ACS on 2014 April and completed it on 2nd June 2014
Old Feb 16th 2015, 10:11 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I applied to ACS on 2014 April and completed it on 2nd June 2014
So your assessment was after your job title changed? What did ACS say about it?
Old Feb 17th 2015, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
So your assessment was after your job title changed? What did ACS say about it?
yep. you are correct. I applied for ACS after my designation changed. I decided to go with older designation due to following reasons and I didn't mentioned it to ACS as well.
1. Even though my designation changed , my all the duties remained same as previous. I can prove this by providing a service letter.
2. Most of my experience under the designation of 'IT and Network Officer'
IT & Network Officer : July 2008 - Feb 2014 : 5 Years 8 Months
Assistant Administrator (IT & Network) - Feb 2014 - April 2014 : 2 Months

I applied to ACS on April 2014. Please guide me , what shall I do ? Do I need to reapply for ACS with my new designation ?
Old Feb 17th 2015, 1:45 pm

yep. you are correct. I applied for ACS after my designation changed. I decided to go with older designation due to following reasons and I didn't mentioned it to ACS as well.
1. Even though my designation changed , my all the duties remained same as previous. I can prove this by providing a service letter.
2. Most of my experience under the designation of 'IT and Network Officer'
IT & Network Officer : July 2008 - Feb 2014 : 5 Years 8 Months
Assistant Administrator (IT & Network) - Feb 2014 - April 2014 : 2 Months

I applied to ACS on April 2014. Please guide me , what shall I do ? Do I need to reapply for ACS with my new designation ?
If you weren't worried about it when you applied to ACS why are you worried now? How much of your experience was deemed skilled for points? Is this extra 10 or 12 months going to make a difference to your points total?
Old Feb 17th 2015, 7:01 pm
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

If your responsibilities were same and was easy to provide evidence, I think it was not the smartest move.

My personal view on this situation is under your control. You maximize your chances by giving correct information and documents. Its better to fix it now than getting screwed in the end. If CO finds such gaps in your documentation later and you get a negative outcome it will hurt more. You won't have any control on the situation.

On the other hand if you are always willing to take your chances, you may just go ahead with it!
Old Feb 18th 2015, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ekhfaiz
If your responsibilities were same and was easy to provide evidence, I think it was not the smartest move.

My personal view on this situation is under your control. You maximize your chances by giving correct information and documents. Its better to fix it now than getting screwed in the end. If CO finds such gaps in your documentation later and you get a negative outcome it will hurt more. You won't have any control on the situation.

On the other hand if you are always willing to take your chances, you may just go ahead with it!
hi ,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't provide any false information. I had my previous occupation and it was changed month before applying for ACS. I didn't mean to cheat anyone because I have proven records to justify them.

Do the CO concern about my designation or job responsibilities ? Still my job tasks remains the same.

Last edited by dilruk336; Feb 18th 2015 at 9:14 am.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:48 pm
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't say you wanted to cheat. But you think there is a problem & that is the point of this discussion thread.

I just expressed my view, fix it and have peace of mind

Last edited by ekhfaiz; Feb 18th 2015 at 7:56 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 6:53 am
Just Joined

scientistB is an unknown quantity at this point

I am working in government sector as "Scientist-B" in INDIA

Scientist-B is my designation and my work duties and responsibilities are same as Software developer.
SO what should I do while going for skill assessment ? will my designation affect the result of assessment for software engg ??

thnx