Pregnancy & Medicals?

Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

---Halifax--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnancy & Medicals?

Hi all,

are there any woman here that can answer my odd question? When you are pregnant and the request for medicals arrive what do you do? I know someone who is 8 months pregnant and they are waiting for the baby to arrive before going for the chest x-ray. Another person told me that you can undergo an chest x-ray when pregnant, but only in absolute emergency cases. I am not pregnant but I would like to know what will happen if I fall pregnant and the medicals arrive. Thanks
Old Mar 30th 2004, 10:02 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Pregnancy & Medicals?

Hi,

I think the general consensious is that its dangerous to have an xray whilst pregnant.
Have you applied already? There are a few people that have applied got pregant then waited till after the birth to submit meds. I think you inform DIMIA and they put things on hold until the babe is born.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 11:10 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Annelie,

We are in this position at present.

Our medicals were requested about a month ago but my wife was 16 weeks pregnant then.

We contacted the ASPC and deferred them until the end of August after the birth of the baby.

It is extremely unwise to have chest x-rays whilst being pregnant.

Everythings on hold for now. We have to forward passport sized photo's of the new born to the ASPC and they will forward out the respective *add on* form.

This is completed and enclosed with mine, my wife's and our son's medicals probably late August / early September.

Hope this helps.

Three Legs

Originally posted by Annelie
Hi all,

are there any woman here that can answer my odd question? When you are pregnant and the request for medicals arrive what do you do? I know someone who is 8 months pregnant and they are waiting for the baby to arrive before going for the chest x-ray. Another person told me that you can undergo an chest x-ray when pregnant, but only in absolute emergency cases. I am not pregnant but I would like to know what will happen if I fall pregnant and the medicals arrive. Thanks
Old Mar 30th 2004, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally posted by Three Legs
Hi Annelie,

We are in this position at present.

Our medicals were requested about a month ago but my wife was 16 weeks pregnant then.

We contacted the ASPC and deferred them until the end of August after the birth of the baby.

It is extremely unwise to have chest x-rays whilst being pregnant.

Everythings on hold for now. We have to forward passport sized photo's of the new born to the ASPC and they will forward out the respective *add on* form.

This is completed and enclosed with mine, my wife's and our son's medicals probably late August / early September.

Hope this helps.

Three Legs
I completely concur with Three Legs here. We are also in the same situation. Request for meds was received in Jan but wife was already pregnant. Therefore everything is on hold until August.

All I did was to contact case officer by email and she was happy to grant extension for me wife and son. When newborn arrives we have to forward photos and copy of birth certificate.

Might also be worth bearing in mind that since passports are required for the medicals we will probably need to obtain one for the newborn before attending to medicals.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

---Halifax--- is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everybody. Let's hope I am not pregnant. We are very young still and at the moment it would be better to postpone starting a family until we are in Oz.