Pre-Primary or Primary

Old Aug 23rd 2016, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

socks84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pre-Primary or Primary

Hi

Wondering if anyone can help, I've rang a couple of migration agencies and they are not that helpful about the ins and outs of primary teachers and qualifications. Basically I am a British primary teacher with 10 years experience, qualified to teach from 3-11. I have the 45 days training with early years as we would call it in the UK so I am considering going down the Pre-Primary teacher route. My only wonder is that IF my qualifications get passed from AITSL, can I then register with a state, for example in Victoria, as just a primary teacher? Or would I only be able to register in a state as a Pre-Primary teacher?

Thank you in advance for any help any one can offer! I've been going mad googling for days.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 9:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Primary or Primary

Originally Posted by socks84
Hi

Wondering if anyone can help, I've rang a couple of migration agencies and they are not that helpful about the ins and outs of primary teachers and qualifications. Basically I am a British primary teacher with 10 years experience, qualified to teach from 3-11. I have the 45 days training with early years as we would call it in the UK so I am considering going down the Pre-Primary teacher route. My only wonder is that IF my qualifications get passed from AITSL, can I then register with a state, for example in Victoria, as just a primary teacher? Or would I only be able to register in a state as a Pre-Primary teacher?

Thank you in advance for any help any one can offer! I've been going mad googling for days.
Hi, you may find some help in the teaching forum of British Expats Teaching - British Expats