PR Status with lapsed RRV

Old Mar 18th 2017, 8:50 am
Just Joined

SarahJaneButfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Status with lapsed RRV

We are still waiting for my husbands RRV application to be processed. He is applying for jobs in correctional services as he worked in this field when we were living in Australia. He wants to be sure he is accurately answering the question on residency, we were granted PR in 2009 but have spent some time overseas and allowed our RRV to lapse, are we still classed as PR's?
Old Mar 18th 2017, 11:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Status with lapsed RRV

Originally Posted by SarahJaneButfield
We are still waiting for my husbands RRV application to be processed. He is applying for jobs in correctional services as he worked in this field when we were living in Australia. He wants to be sure he is accurately answering the question on residency, we were granted PR in 2009 but have spent some time overseas and allowed our RRV to lapse, are we still classed as PR's?
Yes. The PR continues, the only bit that has expired is the ability to travel- he just needs the RRV to re-enter Australia. He still has the right to live in Australia indefinitely.
Old Mar 19th 2017, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Thank you ☺
Old Mar 21st 2017, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Do you know if there are any average processing times for the 3 month or 1 year RRV, the chart on immi only specifies the 5 year RRV? It has been over 3 weeks now since the additional information on family ties was submitted.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Did my second RRV application online from the UK recently and it was granted today. Processed in 5 days and I haven't been to Australia since 2010.Didnt use my previous RRV to return to Australia. Both were for a year as a I didn't spend the 2 years in Australia.
I must be doing something right or extremely lucky so would be glad to help if I can.
Also managed to secure employment all done from the UK so everthing is possible if you put your mind to it.