PR about to apply for Citizenship

Old May 23rd 2016, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

angry-ball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR about to apply for Citizenship

Hi,
We emigrated to Australia on the 24 May 2012 after getting a Subclass 176 visa, I got the Visa as a carpenter and joiner and my wife and 3 kids were under my Visa.
We meet the Citizenship requirements tomorrow 24 May 2016, So I intend to apply for it straight away.
I have an IMMI account since apply for my original visa.

My Questions:
Am I to use the "Australian citizenship by conferral" route?
Must I do a seperate application for everyone or do they all go under my application? same as the residency application?
My eldest daughter is 17,(my other 2 kids are 12 and 15) does she have to apply separately?
Same question about my wife, Does she have to apply separately?
If they do, do they have to apply for Immi accounts or can they complete it on mine so that we are recognized as the one family?
My wife just received a new passport, do we just include details of her old expired passport and her new passport in the application?
Do we need to provide all the same documentation as we did when we applied for residency, or the fact that it is all already on file is it just a matter of filling in some forms and getting them signed by a solicitor?
How long does it all generally take once lodged? As we are going home for a holiday Mid July and would like to have it sorted by then if possible

Think that is it for now, but I am sure I will have more questions once I start filling out the paper work

Thanks in advance
Colm
Old May 23rd 2016, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR about to apply for Citizenship

The over 16s do their own application, under 16s can go on the parents and will need to provide documents again during the process - these things should be apparent when you start to fill the form in.

There is little to no chance of it being done before July. It is best to estimate about six months for the whole process up to citizenship ceremony although this does vary by council.
Old May 24th 2016, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

My husband and I put our applications in through my immi account, enabled us to pay in one transaction - no kids in our applicatin. Separate applications but you state each others trn (I think it is) to have your ceremonies together.
We applied in January 2016. Ceremony in a weeks time - warringah council in sydney. Only aus police checks required.

Paperwork, providing clear scans in colour is easy to attach and you take the originals with you to the test.

Doesnt have to be a solicitor to sign forms there is a whole list of people who can verify your identity.

You also state when you're going to be out of country in the application form but no/little chance of everything being complete before july.
Old May 24th 2016, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Won't happen before your holiday but all depending on when your visa was issued you may have to apply for a RRV to get you back into the country after your holiday - check the issue date, the travel portion only lasts 5 years.