Positive assessment Engineering australia

Old Jul 21st 2010, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice
Default Positive assessment Engineering australia

I just got positive assessment for 263311 Telecommunications engineer.Now what should be my next step.
My points are like
60 points for Telecommunications engineer
30 points for Age
15 point for English (IELTS)
10 points for Experience
5 points for Urdu language
My total points are 120. For Urdu i have to give a test which is not available in my country and without these points i cant apply. So i am left with State sponsorship. State sponsor will require at lest 2 years of experience and i better be currently working in my field in which i have received positive assessment. But i recently changed my job to SAP which comes under ACS. If i apply to ACS they will require 4 years of experience which i don't have at the moment.i have 6 months of SAP experience.
What should i do?
1. Should i apply for Urdu test and go abroad for it?
2. Should i apply for state sponsorship keeping in mind the problems?
(Giving IELTS again and scoring 7 is not an option for me)
Old Jul 21st 2010, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

acotiga will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Positive assessment Engineering australia

Originally Posted by sherry9oct
1. Should i apply for Urdu test and go abroad for it?
The Academic Courses were not done in Urdu? If yes you just have to provide evidence for this. I went to the faculty and asked them to issue such a paper.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice

I have studied Urdu in my school and college for almost 12 years but i have heard that Immigration authorities will require me to show some nati test(if i am not wrong) to show that i know Urdu. I think some paper from school and college will not work if i am not wrong.
Will they accept the letters from school and college?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

I have studied Urdu in my school and college for almost 12 years but i have heard that Immigration authorities will require me to show some nati test(if i am not wrong) to show that i know Urdu. I think some paper from school and college will not work if i am not wrong.
Nope. You must show that you have ACADEMIC studies in that language.

Here is the passage reffering to that in Booklet 6:

To receive these points, you must include with your application a copy of your degree, academic
transcript, and a letter from the university stating the language in which your course was
conducted, or evidence of your NAATI accreditation.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

But i have studied Urdu in school and college not in university.So my letter will be from school or college not from university.Will letter from school and college work?

Last edited by sherry9oct; Jul 21st 2010 at 10:57 am.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

But i have studied Urdu in school and college not in university.So my letter will be from school or college not from university.Will letter from school and college work?
No. This is DIAC's way of saying that everyone is equal but those with academic background are more equal than the rest.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

xqzmp is an unknown quantity at this point

You are right. your college degree is not enough. find some more information about NATI test (may be some example from internet) it wont be simple.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

abeersalik is an unknown quantity at this point

sherry, studying Urdu as a subject and studying your entire engineering course in Urdu are two different things. You won't get points for studying Urdu as a subject.

Regards
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

gillgee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abeersalik
sherry, studying Urdu as a subject and studying your entire engineering course in Urdu are two different things. You won't get points for studying Urdu as a subject.

Regards
dears

As per my knowledge,URDU points are allocated to All pakistanis if they have studied URDU in school and college levels as is the case in Pakistan Urdu is compulsory subject.

For proof,You me send a PLE to DIAC or My online documents staus shows MET for Designated Area Language.
You can also confirm from an expert agent.
One of my friend also got community language points for URDU for his PR case.Now he is in Australia on PR.

Cheers
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by gillgee
dears

As per my knowledge,URDU points are allocated to All pakistanis if they have studied URDU in school and college levels as is the case in Pakistan Urdu is compulsory subject.

For proof,You me send a PLE to DIAC or My online documents staus shows MET for Designated Area Language.
You can also confirm from an expert agent.
One of my friend also got community language points for URDU for his PR case.Now he is in Australia on PR.

Cheers
I think that you have to pass the nati test or should have studied in urdu at gtraduate level
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

rackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the rough

going with URDU points is not safe at all.
try achieving 7 in each IELTS module to get 25 points in language.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

@@gillgee
Are u sure about it because i am also Pakistani and i have studied Urdu from metric to Fsc all the way but haven't studied Urdu in university(non of the subjects were in urdu).