Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Police Officer and family wanting to relocate

Police Officer and family wanting to relocate

Old Jun 11th 2017, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

kay2301 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Officer and family wanting to relocate

Hi, Looking for some information as we are looking into moving to either Australia or Cayman Islands.
My partner is a police officer in the UK of 10 years and I work as a receptionist, we have a 18 year old daughter who will be leaving 6th form end of this month and a nearly 2 year old.
The recruitment used to advertise transfers years ago to Australia but we haven't heard anything for a number of years. Are there any officers on this forum that knows if they still do it and how we go about going down the right route.
I will also post on the Cayman Island thread too about that country.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Kay
Old Jun 11th 2017, 11:01 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Officer and family wanting to relocate

Originally Posted by kay2301
Hi, Looking for some information as we are looking into moving to either Australia or Cayman Islands.
My partner is a police officer in the UK of 10 years and I work as a receptionist, we have a 18 year old daughter who will be leaving 6th form end of this month and a nearly 2 year old.
The recruitment used to advertise transfers years ago to Australia but we haven't heard anything for a number of years. Are there any officers on this forum that knows if they still do it and how we go about going down the right route.
I will also post on the Cayman Island thread too about that country.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Kay
I don't believe that any Australian police forces are sponsoring right now. Other than one of you being eligible for a visa on skills I don't see how he could transfer.

The other thing is your 18 year old. Unless she is dependent on you (i.e. still in full time education) she's unfortunately too old and would have to qualify for her own visa.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 2:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Officer and family wanting to relocate

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I don't believe that any Australian police forces are sponsoring right now. Other than one of you being eligible for a visa on skills I don't see how he could transfer.

The other thing is your 18 year old. Unless she is dependent on you (i.e. still in full time education) she's unfortunately too old and would have to qualify for her own visa.
You're right, no police service has sponsored for ages, no need, there are plenty of domestic applicants. I work with two young guys who have been on the waiting list for months. Another recently got a call to the Academy for QPS but he had been on the waiting list over two years.