Police Check for own nationality

Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:28 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police Check for own nationality

Anybody know if there is a requirement for a police check from the country of your citizenship (UK in my case) even if you haven't lived in that country for 12 years?

I can't find anything that says I need one, but I've just been asked for one by a processing person, but not by a case officer.

Thanks.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Check for own nationality

Originally Posted by Burbage
Anybody know if there is a requirement for a police check from the country of your citizenship (UK in my case) even if you haven't lived in that country for 12 years?

I can't find anything that says I need one, but I've just been asked for one by a processing person, but not by a case officer.

Thanks.
You will need a police check for every country where you have lived for more than 12 months in the past 10 years. If you have not spent more than 12 months in the UK in 12 years, then no, you won't need a UK police check.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:22 am
Just Joined

mark123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not lived in the UK for the last 6 years as well - though have visited from time to time. I have just sent in my application and was planning to work on the Police Clearance Certificate from UK. If I was to get one say next month - does it mean that I have 1 year from that date to validate my visa. Even if I am not a resident of UK

Thanks guys
Old Oct 29th 2008, 10:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark123
I have not lived in the UK for the last 6 years as well - though have visited from time to time. I have just sent in my application and was planning to work on the Police Clearance Certificate from UK. If I was to get one say next month - does it mean that I have 1 year from that date to validate my visa. Even if I am not a resident of UK

Thanks guys
No, it means that you would have 12 months (usually) to validate your visa from the earliest date of either your medicals or police check - whether from UK or the country you live in now, whichever comes first.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:27 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You will need a police check for every country where you have lived for more than 12 months in the past 10 years. If you have not spent more than 12 months in the UK in 12 years, then no, you won't need a UK police check.
That's what all the information is telling me. So I can saely ignore the letter from the Brisbane Business Office which states:

"A police check from the UK is required."

??
Old Oct 31st 2008, 3:47 am
Still alive

That's what all the information is telling me. So I can saely ignore the letter from the Brisbane Business Office which states:

"A police check from the UK is required."

??
I wouldn't ignore any requests from DIAC. I would however get in touch with your case officer and let him/her know that you have not lived in UK for over 12 years.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 4:46 am
Demi-God

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I wouldn't ignore any requests from DIAC. I would however get in touch with your case officer and let him/her know that you have not lived in UK for over 12 years.
Oh to have a case officer. What wouldn't I give to have a case officer.

The same letter asked me for various things for all my dependents. I don't have any.

And for a certification for my discharge from the Army. I was never in the army.

I wonder if they've mixed me up with someone else.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The same letter asked me for various things for all my dependents. I don't have any.

And for a certification for my discharge from the Army. I was never in the army.

If you have a letter asking for extra info then you have a case officer - who else do you think would be assessing what's needed and then requesting it? That's what they do
They may have mis-read something, so I suggest you just reply to them gently pointing this out!

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 31st 2008 at 6:24 am.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:09 am
Demi-God

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you have a letter asking for extra info then you have a case officer - who else do you think would be assessing what's needed and then requesting it? That's what they do
They may have mis-read something, so I suggest you just reply to them gently pointing this out!
The letter specifically states that a case officer has not yet been appointed.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:02 am
Still alive

The fact that you have been requested to provide information means in all likelyhood that you have a case officer. DIAC doesn't request documents until a case officer has been assigned. Yes, it's possible that your file got mixed up with someone elses. In which case I would contact Brisbane first thing Monday morning to find out what's going on.