Police Check & Medical

Old Jul 4th 2017, 9:34 am
Just Joined

mrnicey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Check & Medical

Do they always do a police check on a 190?

If i am going and my wife is going as defacto will they do a check on both of us or just me (i'm main applicant)

how do they do the check?

do they do it themselves or do they expect us to get a certificate and send it to them?

do this happen on 100% of applications or is it just they may ask?

Also how does the medical work?
Old Jul 4th 2017, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Check & Medical

Both of you will need a police check for every country you have spent more than 12 months in over the past 10 years. You will need to apply for it yourself to the appropriate body in that country. In the U.K. it is ACRO for migration purposes. You must tell them about any offences on the application form, none are considered spent either.
For medical you both need to attend an approved clinic, these are listed by country on the immigration website.

Both will be required for the 190 application.

Last edited by rammygirl; Jul 4th 2017 at 12:57 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 11:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrnicey
Do they always do a police check on a 190?

If i am going and my wife is going as defacto will they do a check on both of us or just me (i'm main applicant)

how do they do the check?

do they do it themselves or do they expect us to get a certificate and send it to them?

do this happen on 100% of applications or is it just they may ask?

Also how does the medical work?
For the UK check, this is the link

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx
Old Jul 4th 2017, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

mrnicey is an unknown quantity at this point

what about if i got arrested 9 years ago, but it was a minor offense where i got a conditional discharge

then 5 years ago i did a whv where i said i didn't have any convictions (a conditional discharge isn't a conviction apparently)

so ideas?
Old Jul 4th 2017, 12:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrnicey
what about if i got arrested 9 years ago, but it was a minor offense where i got a conditional discharge

then 5 years ago i did a whv where i said i didn't have any convictions (a conditional discharge isn't a conviction apparently)

so ideas?
What do you mean, ideas? You still need to get a police check from ACRO.
Although a conditional discharge is not a conviction it may still appear on your record.