PMV - Applying online and waiting times

Old Sep 24th 2014, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute
Default PMV - Applying online and waiting times

Hello!

My fiancee and I are just about ready to start our visa application - I'm from the UK and she's Australian. The plan is for me to move to Melbourne permanently after we met on holiday and started dating at the end of 2013. I visited her for 3 weeks in June of this year (which was when we got engaged), and she's coming to the UK for Christmas. We Skype and email daily.

I imagine all that isn't very interesting (just giving you the background)! Anyway, as I wanted to move out to Melbourne with no debts etc and thus couldn't just "pack up and go", we settled on the Prospective Marriage Visa as being the most suitable for our needs (not least because we do want to get married, and sooner rather than later). As we're kicking off the process now, I have a couple of questions:

1) Firstly, applying online; are there any potential pitfalls I should be aware of? I had originally thought that I needed to complete form 47SP by hand and mail it in along with the supporting docs, but - having started the form online through my ImmiAccount - it looks to me like I can do all this online and scan the supporting docs. Is that correct?

2) Waiting times - I know the current waiting time is apparently 10-14 months for applications dealt with through London (as mine would be). We want to get married on 21/11/15, have a venue in mind and are currently trying to pick a celebrant so we can get our NOIM. Obviously, 21/11/15 is currently just a few days under 14 months away. Whilst I know there are no guarantees in this world, would people say that we are at risk of missing our wedding date, or should that be okay if we lodge the application by the end of this month/early October?

3) Finally, are there any other key pieces of information that anyone thinks we should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!
Old Sep 25th 2014, 6:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PMV - Applying online and waiting times

Originally Posted by Croker
Hello!

My fiancee and I are just about ready to start our visa application - I'm from the UK and she's Australian. The plan is for me to move to Melbourne permanently after we met on holiday and started dating at the end of 2013. I visited her for 3 weeks in June of this year (which was when we got engaged), and she's coming to the UK for Christmas. We Skype and email daily.

I imagine all that isn't very interesting (just giving you the background)! Anyway, as I wanted to move out to Melbourne with no debts etc and thus couldn't just "pack up and go", we settled on the Prospective Marriage Visa as being the most suitable for our needs (not least because we do want to get married, and sooner rather than later). As we're kicking off the process now, I have a couple of questions:

1) Firstly, applying online; are there any potential pitfalls I should be aware of? I had originally thought that I needed to complete form 47SP by hand and mail it in along with the supporting docs, but - having started the form online through my ImmiAccount - it looks to me like I can do all this online and scan the supporting docs. Is that correct?

2) Waiting times - I know the current waiting time is apparently 10-14 months for applications dealt with through London (as mine would be). We want to get married on 21/11/15, have a venue in mind and are currently trying to pick a celebrant so we can get our NOIM. Obviously, 21/11/15 is currently just a few days under 14 months away. Whilst I know there are no guarantees in this world, would people say that we are at risk of missing our wedding date, or should that be okay if we lodge the application by the end of this month/early October?

3) Finally, are there any other key pieces of information that anyone thinks we should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!
Well they are pretty accurate with their timelines, 10-14 months is unfortunately likely to be correct, but...... if it gets close to the date you can always prod your CO and ask if the visa is close to be granted, for some people thats worked a treat and they have the visa at the shorter end of the time, eg 10 months rather than 14. Reminding them that the wedding is booked would also go in your favour!
You can change the date, even after the NOIM is filled in. In fact for a wedding that boked that far ahead the celebrant can't file the NOIM officially, its too early, so you would probably have to do another nearer the date.

Sooner you lodge the application the better though

And yes, you do the forms online now, and scan all the supporting documents.

Good luck!
Old Sep 25th 2014, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well they are pretty accurate with their timelines, 10-14 months is unfortunately likely to be correct, but...... if it gets close to the date you can always prod your CO and ask if the visa is close to be granted, for some people thats worked a treat and they have the visa at the shorter end of the time, eg 10 months rather than 14. Reminding them that the wedding is booked would also go in your favour!
You can change the date, even after the NOIM is filled in. In fact for a wedding that boked that far ahead the celebrant can't file the NOIM officially, its too early, so you would probably have to do another nearer the date.

Sooner you lodge the application the better though

And yes, you do the forms online now, and scan all the supporting documents.

Good luck!
Thanks Pollyana, I really appreciate the advice. If you - or anyone else - can help with a couple of other queries I have, then I'd be really grateful, too!

1) There's a part of the online application form that refers to the Relationship Details, asking for the financial, social, etc elements of our relationship. Is it acceptable to write "see attached documents" in each of these boxes and then address the questions in our supporting statements?

2) I know that my Fiancee has to complete a Form 40SP as part of the PMV application process; I'm assuming she should register for an ImmiAccount and complete the form online as well?

3) I've worked my way through to the end of the form (although I've got a couple of details to amend before submission). Eventually you reach the "Review Page" which lists all the information you've put in the form. What actually happens when you click "Next" on that page? Does it a provide a list of the supporting documents required, etc, or does it submit the application straight away? I don't want to make any mistakes and send the form in without the relevant supporting docs!

4) As for the supporting documents; I believe I've got to produce certified copies of my passport and birth certificate, as well as a copy of the NOIM. We're also submitting our own written statements, stat decs from friends/relatives, and a sample of emails, Skype call logs, photos and suchlike. Are there any other documents we need to submit with the application?

Again, thanks in advance to anyone who can provide assistance! This forum has been incredibly useful so far, and I hope to be able to repay that help at a later date!
Old Sep 25th 2014, 3:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pollyana, I really appreciate the advice. If you - or anyone else - can help with a couple of other queries I have, then I'd be really grateful, too!

1) There's a part of the online application form that refers to the Relationship Details, asking for the financial, social, etc elements of our relationship. Is it acceptable to write "see attached documents" in each of these boxes and then address the questions in our supporting statements?
Should be fine

2) I know that my Fiancee has to complete a Form 40SP as part of the PMV application process; I'm assuming she should register for an ImmiAccount and complete the form online as well?
I didn't do mine online (too long ago) but looking at the online stuff
Partner visa online applications
once you have done 47SP your partner can click on the link for 40SP and then create an account and fill in her form.
3) I've worked my way through to the end of the form (although I've got a couple of details to amend before submission). Eventually you reach the "Review Page" which lists all the information you've put in the form. What actually happens when you click "Next" on that page? Does it a provide a list of the supporting documents required, etc, or does it submit the application straight away? I don't want to make any mistakes and send the form in without the relevant supporting docs!
hat I can't tell you, never having used the online forms, sorry.
4) As for the supporting documents; I believe I've got to produce certified copies of my passport and birth certificate, as well as a copy of the NOIM. We're also submitting our own written statements, stat decs from friends/relatives, and a sample of emails, Skype call logs, photos and suchlike. Are there any other documents we need to submit with the application?

Again, thanks in advance to anyone who can provide assistance! This forum has been incredibly useful so far, and I hope to be able to repay that help at a later date!
Check out the Partner booklet, Part 5 and Part 7 - lists the documents you need - you have to produce evidence for your sponsor, such as birth cert or citizenship cert, as well as for yourself.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1127.pdf