Please Help!!! Partner Visa Dramas....

Old Mar 21st 2017, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

heidihi21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Please Help!!! Partner Visa Dramas....

Hi Guys,

Desperately seeking answers and keep getting told different things by migration agents.

In 2012 I moved over to Brisbane with my partner at the time as we were both sponsored by his company on a 457 visa. As they needed him over so quickly we ended up getting a Working holiday visa in the interim and our visa application was accepted withing 3 months. 3 years later I returned back to the UK as my mum had cancer and he decided to stay. 2 years on and I recently went back for a few weeks to visit friends. As it happens I ended up spending all my time with someone I used to work with who was married at the time but now going through a divorce. We'd always clicked and were very close but due to our circumstances never did anything about it, but as we were both single there was nothing stopping us and we fell very hard for each other. The problem is that now I'm back we are struggling to find the best way for me to get back there so that we are able to give it a proper go....

The Temporary Partner visa seems to be out as we haven't been together or living with each other for 12 months. I can't do a second year working visa as I haven't done the farm work. I've got a few years recruitment experience but I think I'll struggle to get sponsored for that on a 457. If we went down the Proposed marriage visa I'd have to wait 10 months in the UK waiting for the visa. From what we are being told we are going to have to get married and although we've talked about it, ideally we'd get a chance to live together before getting married.

Any advice or help would be extremely appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read this, Heidi : )
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 3:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help!!! Partner Visa Dramas....

A possible route........ though it does depend on your partner living in a state which will register a relationship, and meeting the state requirements for that.

Come back for another holiday. Once you are here you and your partner change your minds and decide that you want to be together and make it more than a holiday. Register your relationship and then apply for the 820/801 onshore partner visa on the grounds that registering your relationship is the equivalent to marriage, in that it waives the 12 months cohabitation requirement. However you would need strong evidence of the relationship.

Otherwise I think the only route is a PMV (you can visit on evisitors while its processing) or get married.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 3:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heidihi21
we went down the Proposed marriage visa I'd have to wait 10 months in the UK waiting for the visa.

: )
You can visit whilst waiting for the visa and he can obviously visit you. It's not very long to wait really. Christmas was only last week but apparently we're nearly in April.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You can visit whilst waiting for the visa and he can obviously visit you. It's not very long to wait really. Christmas was only last week but apparently we're nearly in April.
I know, am sure it would fly by, but we just wouldn't be able to take that much holiday, with our jobs - plus having to pay for the visa on top of flights soon adds up unfortunately : (
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A possible route........ though it does depend on your partner living in a state which will register a relationship, and meeting the state requirements for that.

Come back for another holiday. Once you are here you and your partner change your minds and decide that you want to be together and make it more than a holiday. Register your relationship and then apply for the 820/801 onshore partner visa on the grounds that registering your relationship is the equivalent to marriage, in that it waives the 12 months cohabitation requirement. However you would need strong evidence of the relationship.

Otherwise I think the only route is a PMV (you can visit on evisitors while its processing) or get married.
Amazing, thank you so much for your reply : ) With the strong evidence for our relationship do you have any tips on what we can do as we would be in Brisbane, but I'm going to be on a holiday visa....

Thanks again!
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 8:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heidihi21
Amazing, thank you so much for your reply : ) With the strong evidence for our relationship do you have any tips on what we can do as we would be in Brisbane, but I'm going to be on a holiday visa....

Thanks again!
https://www.qld.gov.au/law/births-de...lication-form/

Is the link for regostering a relationship in Qld. On a quick look it seems only one of you needs to be a Qld resident, but I've not read it all in detail.
If you go down that route make sure you register it with enough time to get the application in before the tourist visa expires. And you will need as much evidence as possible of the relationship itself - have a look at the Partner booklet for examples, also there are lots of threads on here with info.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
https://www.qld.gov.au/law/births-de...lication-form/

Is the link for regostering a relationship in Qld. On a quick look it seems only one of you needs to be a Qld resident, but I've not read it all in detail.
If you go down that route make sure you register it with enough time to get the application in before the tourist visa expires. And you will need as much evidence as possible of the relationship itself - have a look at the Partner booklet for examples, also there are lots of threads on here with info.
Sal and I registered our relationship in Qld and it was free to do. The only trouble with that is you don't even get an email saying that 'it's done' - to prove your relationship is registered you have to spend forty odd bucks on a certificate!

Mind you, it's worth popping into Brissy to pick it up because the registry office is a lovely old building with loads to see