Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

!!! Please help needed-prospective marriage

!!! Please help needed-prospective marriage

Old May 24th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

makido is an unknown quantity at this point
Default !!! Please help needed-prospective marriage

Hello to all on this forum,

I would appreciate your help a lot!
If I want to sponsor my boyfriend (fiance) once I get to Australia, what sort of job in terms of salary do I need to have? How much money do I need to earn in order to sponsor him as a my future spouse?

Thank you all!

Kindest regards,
makido
Old May 24th 2007, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Vicki from AusArrivals is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: !!! Please help needed-prospective marriage

Hello Makido,

It is a common misconception that people need a lot of money to sponsor a partner to Australia.

In fact, the Department of Immigration is looking for evidence that the relationship is genuine and ongoing, not how much money is in the bank per se. The Department of Immigration is concerned about how the sponsor will support their partner while he or she finds work, and if the sponsor is not currently working, or has only worked for a short time, the Department of Immigration may request an Assurance of Support.

But the crucial thing with all partner visas is strong evidence that the relationship is genuine.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Vicki
Old May 31st 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: !!! Please help needed-prospective marriage

Dear Vicki,

thank you a lot for the info you provided!
I did not know that, now I am feeling relieved.
Thanks a lot!
makido

It is a common misconception that people need a lot of money to sponsor a partner to Australia.

In fact, the Department of Immigration is looking for evidence that the relationship is genuine and ongoing, not how much money is in the bank per se. The Department of Immigration is concerned about how the sponsor will support their partner while he or she finds work, and if the sponsor is not currently working, or has only worked for a short time, the Department of Immigration may request an Assurance of Support.

But the crucial thing with all partner visas is strong evidence that the relationship is genuine.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Vicki[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: !!! Please help needed-prospective marriage

Originally Posted by makido
Dear Vicki,

thank you a lot for the info you provided!
I did not know that, now I am feeling relieved.
Thanks a lot!
makido

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Vicki
[/QUOTE]
Helo, again!

Another question, please: If we decide to get married after four or six months of the date of my visa lodgement, (and we cannot live together before we marry), do we still have chances to get a visa for both of us together if I put him on my visa application later? I am applying for 138 visa subclass. Would it be suspicious to the DIAC? EWe have been together for five years. We cannot finacially afford to get married now, but if it is easier to get a visa for him, we would do it. I would like to go to Au with him, but if it is not possible, I need t go on my own.
Can anyone help with this?
makido
Can anyone help with this?