Permanent visa

Old Jan 16th 2017, 9:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent visa

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Just to add, I don't believe it is possible to include dependant parents in skilled visa applications since changes made last year - http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...vember-887439/
Never was possible from the UK owing to the existence of the welfare state, and yes I believe its now virtually impossibe for third world countries too - they could often bring parents before as there was no support for them in their home countries.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by briggs
Hi
I read that parent sponsor visa can take up to 30 years to process
The DIBP are quoting this figure for the non-contributory parent visas. It is difficult to predict the actual timeline given it is subject to the number of future quota places allocated and future applications.
The contributory parent visas are taking much less time depending upon visa type.

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Just to add, I don't believe it is possible to include dependant parents in skilled visa applications since changes made last year - <a href="http://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/member-family-unit-changes-19-november-887439/" target="_blank">http://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/member-family-unit-changes-19-november-887439/</a><br />
<br />
<br />

Just to confirm that this is the correct for a range of visas including the skilled visa stream visas (it is no longer possible to include dependent parents within the application).

The information relating to the proposed 5 year parent visa is not yet available.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

briggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TeeTMI

The DIBP are quoting this figure for the non-contributory parent visas. It is difficult to predict the actual timeline given it is subject to the number of future quota places allocated and future applications.
The contributory parent visas are taking much less time depending upon visa type.

<br />
<br />

Just to confirm that this is the correct for a range of visas including the skilled visa stream visas (it is no longer possible to include dependent parents within the application).

The information relating to the proposed 5 year parent visa is not yet available.

Thank you for your reply.

What is the 5 year visa?
Old Jan 17th 2017, 2:09 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply.

What is the 5 year visa?
Its still a proposal. If you read her post it says the information is not yet available.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

briggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its still a proposal. If you read her post it says the information is not yet available.
Hi yes I read that. I was just wondering what the visa may allow to do, that's all
If it was a permanent visa etc
Old Jan 17th 2017, 5:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi yes I read that. I was just wondering what the visa may allow to do, that's all
No, it's a 5 year visa. Five years is not the same as permanent.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 5:59 am
Home and Happy

As Dorothy says it won't be a permanent visa, and using it will not lead to permanenancy. It is proposed to be a long-term visitor visa to enable parents to spend longer in Australia, but without having to meet the requirements for health, finance etc that are needed for a PR visa. There ar still likely to be requirements in those areas but far less onerous than for an actual parent visa.
Still will not allow what you are after.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 6:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I have only started looking into this.
Unsure where to start.

I am 36 years old born in UK, and would like to migrate to Australia with both my parents.

I was wondering what visas would I be eligible for?

My occupation is system analyst with 12 years work experience. I have a BA honours degree.

I am looking for a visa where my parents could come with me at the same time.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
I'm a bit confused - your previous posts from a couple of years ago say you were living in Oz, and had been for 5 years, so why do you need to start from scratch? I know nothing about Oz visas, but isn't there a way of getting a RRV, would that apply in your situation?

Did you live in Oz alone previously or were your parents living there too then?

I don't know if it might affect things or the answers given to you, but it's always best if people have full info if you're asking questions, so it would be worth giving details of the visa you (and your parents if they were there too) were on in case it makes a difference.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 17th 2017 at 6:26 am.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 6:52 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm a bit confused - your previous posts from a couple of years ago say you were living in Oz, and had been for 5 years, so why do you need to start from scratch? I know nothing about Oz visas, but isn't there a way of getting a RRV, would that apply in your situation?

Did you live in Oz alone previously or were your parents living there too then?

I don't know if it might affect things or the answers given to you, but it's always best if people have full info if you're asking questions, so it would be worth giving details of the visa you (and your parents if they were there too) were on in case it makes a difference.

Good luck.
I did start reading the previous posts but they were so confusing with a couple of different visas, plus the OP being surprised that they couldn't just abandon their student loan, that I just gave up and figured I'd assume nothing and think they were starting from scratch!
They certainly could not have brought their parents with them whatever visa they were on, so it is definitely two issues -one as to what visa the OP needs and the other as to what the parents may qualify for, and when.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 8:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I did start reading the previous posts but they were so confusing with a couple of different visas, plus the OP being surprised that they couldn't just abandon their student loan, that I just gave up and figured I'd assume nothing and think they were starting from scratch!
They certainly could not have brought their parents with them whatever visa they were on, so it is definitely two issues -one as to what visa the OP needs and the other as to what the parents may qualify for, and when.
I just thought maybe the parents were in Oz too under their own visa, if the OP doesn't want to leave them behind now, perhaps that was the case previously too, but they qualified on their own merits.

As you know, I know diddly squat about visas for Oz so no idea if it will be relevant or not, but thought it worth asking the question just in case, so that you and other Oz bods can help out with full info at least!
Old Jan 17th 2017, 10:32 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I just thought maybe the parents were in Oz too under their own visa, if the OP doesn't want to leave them behind now, perhaps that was the case previously too, but they qualified on their own merits.

As you know, I know diddly squat about visas for Oz so no idea if it will be relevant or not, but thought it worth asking the question just in case, so that you and other Oz bods can help out with full info at least!
Its certainly very confusing. If they did arrive on their own then they either have temporary visas and are waiting to apply for PR - which they need to do on their own merits, and ca probaby do onshore - or they already have PR either through skills or whatever, and if they need RRVs then its up to them to sort them.
The OP would be best advised to give us a bit more info so we can come up with some proper information!!
Old Jan 17th 2017, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I read that parent sponsor visa can take up to 30 years to process
CPV is around 18 months to 2 years I think, just pay up and look big, much the easiest way otherwise you live in limbo for 30 years and can still get the boot out ( that's the free option but who knows how long that will be available for, they tried to cut it out altogether once)
Old Jan 18th 2017, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

I think the poster's sister has also used this member account when she came over here with her partner so that's why it's very confusing when reading the older posts x
Old Jan 18th 2017, 4:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
I think the poster's sister has also used this member account when she came over here with her partner so that's why it's very confusing when reading the older posts x
This ^^

Also I think it might be a different family member this time using the same account.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 5:13 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
Originally Posted by Dorothy
This ^^

Also I think it might be a different family member this time using the same account.
That was kind of my conclusion! Not helping us to help them really is it!

OP - whoever the OP is this time - Please start your own account and help us out a bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.