Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Permanent Spouse Online Details Not Recognised

Permanent Spouse Online Details Not Recognised

Old Aug 30th 2015, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of
Default Permanent Spouse Online Details Not Recognised

Hi All,

It's a while since I've been lurking around here!

Hoping you can help - I offered to help a friend with her second stage partner visa (she has been in Australia for about 2 and a half years on the provisional spouse visa). She contacted Immi who told her to do it online, but her details are not being recognised. We have entered everything as per her visa grant letter, but computer still says no.

When I did my application, it was all paper based so I am a bit stumped on what we're doing wrong. Just wondering if anyone can suggest anything simple that we might have missed?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Prudi.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 3:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Spouse Online Details Not Recognised

Originally Posted by Prudi
Hi All,

It's a while since I've been lurking around here!

Hoping you can help - I offered to help a friend with her second stage partner visa (she has been in Australia for about 2 and a half years on the provisional spouse visa). She contacted Immi who told her to do it online, but her details are not being recognised. We have entered everything as per her visa grant letter, but computer still says no.

When I did my application, it was all paper based so I am a bit stumped on what we're doing wrong. Just wondering if anyone can suggest anything simple that we might have missed?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Prudi.
When she does it online it will be asking her for a file ref/case number (I forget the exact term) as well as name and passport number.
She needs to enter the numer from the letter/email she will have received telling her its time to do the PR paperwork - NOT the number on the temporary visa paperwork!
Thats caught lots of people out

If she has been here that long then its possible the letter has gone astray as she should have had it 2 months before the 2 year annioversary of applying for the original visa - in which case I'm afraid she needs to go back to DIBP and ask them to resend it.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Thanks, Pollyanna! I think that's the problem - she never got the letter (they didn't get her change of address notification) so we have e mailed and asked them to re-send it.

Really appreciate your help - thanks again!
Old Aug 30th 2015, 11:44 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Pollyanna! I think that's the problem - she never got the letter (they didn't get her change of address notification) so we have e mailed and asked them to re-send it.

Really appreciate your help - thanks again!
That'll be the answer. Once she has the letter, use the case reference number from that, which will be different from the one on her temp visa grant paperwork
Any problems working it out, give me a yell (by pm if you like )
Old Aug 30th 2015, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Pollyana - Just realised I spelled your name wrong - so sorry!

I think we'll be ok now, but thanks for the offer of help. once we have the correct number it will be plain sailing. If not, I know where to come!
Old Aug 30th 2015, 7:14 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana - Just realised I spelled your name wrong - so sorry!

I think we'll be ok now, but thanks for the offer of help. once we have the correct number it will be plain sailing. If not, I know where to come!
It is quite easy, if laborious, once you get ast that first hurdle!

Don't worry about the spelling - I woud have been Pollyanna all along if someone hadn't snaffled that username before me!!

Good luck!