Perm Resident been away 2 years

Old Oct 2nd 2014, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Veezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perm Resident been away 2 years

So to apply for my RRV I still need my Visa Grant number to apply. Im having a real hard time finding this! It says its not mandatory but will greatly enhance the departments determinablity of your eligibility. I just want it to go smoothly! How can I find this number? I got someone to call 131 881 in Oz, they said it had to be me that calls, though im nearly sure you cant call outside of Oz. Ive sent an email to the embassy for help also.

Any thoughts?
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 12:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veezy
So to apply for my RRV I still need my Visa Grant number to apply. Im having a real hard time finding this! It says its not mandatory but will greatly enhance the departments determinablity of your eligibility. I just want it to go smoothly! How can I find this number? I got someone to call 131 881 in Oz, they said it had to be me that calls, though im nearly sure you cant call outside of Oz. Ive sent an email to the embassy for help also.

Any thoughts?
If you can't find it, you can't give it to them. They will be able to find you on the system without it.
Or you can phone the High Commission Europe Service Centre
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you can't find it, you can't give it to them. They will be able to find you on the system without it.
Or you can phone the High Commission Europe Service Centre

Yep, thats the place I emailed.

Am I freaking out too much over this?

If I apply without the number will it be ok?
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 4:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, thats the place I emailed.

Am I freaking out too much over this?

If I apply without the number will it be ok?
You said yourself that they say its not mandatory
Be honest, tell them you have lost all your visa records. They will have the details on file, you providing the number just makes it easier all round.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts?
Stop fretting about this. If you don't have it, don't give it, your passport is enough.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone, yeah I was in a real panic. Going to just get the RRV
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

All this shows why it is ridiculous that you don't get paper visas in your passport these days. Stupid penny-pinching..... or is that cent-pinching in Australia?!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:35 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you can, except you have to pay for it, not the taxpayers of Australia....
Old Oct 4th 2014, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

And if the cost of the paper visa reflected the cost of providing it, fair enough. But $150? That's just blatant profiteering and leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 8:36 pm
qma
Just Joined

qma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So you have a PR visa?

What date was it granted? Because if it was granted more than 5 years ago you will need a RRV to get back in, and you may have to show you still have ties to Austrlia.
My PR visa was granted in July 2014 and I did my first entry in Sep 2014, now I am back to Gulf on my job.

Question: how long can I stay out of Australia during 5 years period? so next time I can easily apply for RRV?
Old Oct 14th 2014, 12:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qma
My PR visa was granted in July 2014 and I did my first entry in Sep 2014, now I am back to Gulf on my job.

Question: how long can I stay out of Australia during 5 years period? so next time I can easily apply for RRV?
Under the current rules you would need to be resident for 2 years out of the 5 to obtain RRV easily.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Tinnitus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Folks

I was granted PR (Subclass 175) in December 2009, which I then validated with a 5-day trip to Sydney on the 25th April 2010. I came back to Dubai after this trip and haven’t returned to Australia since.

I have until the 4th December 2014 to move to Australia, however due to very complicated personal reasons I may not be able to move there before then (I think I need a year more to sort out my issues). If this happens, do you think I still have options other than to lodge a fresh application all over again?

I’ve been reading up on Subclass 157 but to be honest I’m having doubts whether I’d be eligible. Do you think I have a chance at it?

Your thoughts are very much appreciated.

Cheers
Old Oct 25th 2014, 8:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tinnitus
Hello Folks

I was granted PR (Subclass 175) in December 2009, which I then validated with a 5-day trip to Sydney on the 25th April 2010. I came back to Dubai after this trip and haven’t returned to Australia since.

I have until the 4th December 2014 to move to Australia, however due to very complicated personal reasons I may not be able to move there before then (I think I need a year more to sort out my issues). If this happens, do you think I still have options other than to lodge a fresh application all over again?

I’ve been reading up on Subclass 157 but to be honest I’m having doubts whether I’d be eligible. Do you think I have a chance at it?

Cheers
To be eligible for a new PR visa you would need to have an occupation on the new CSOL, meet the requirements of the skills assessment and IELTS, etc the same as for your original application. The new independent visa is the 189, and the cost is approx. $3500 for main applicant, $1750 for additional applicants over 18 and $825 for applicants under 18 (approx. cost - fees can be found on DIBP website)

As for RRV, if you do not meet the automatic rights for RRV (2 years presence in Australia in the last 5 years) you would need to show ties to Australia and compelling reasons for the absence.

The easiest option is to move before your the travel part of your current visa expires
Old Oct 25th 2014, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Tinnitus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you old.sparkles! Looks like I would need to reapply in the event I'm unable to move before the travel part of my visa expires. Occupation on CSOL, age range the same as when I applied for the visa in 2009, single and no dependents hence I am OK to re-lodge. Just wanted to see there aren't any options I've missed to consider.

On another note -- how is a reapplication perceived by DIBP, will it affect the chances of a visa grant? Will one be asked to explain why they never used the first visa? Sorry, just me thinking a little too much I guess....
Old Oct 25th 2014, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tinnitus
Hello Folks

Cheers
No harm in trying for the resident return visa I suppose, but I think your chances are slim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.