Perm Resident been away 2 years

Old Oct 1st 2014, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perm Resident been away 2 years

Originally Posted by Veezy
So I think I have it!

You need to have someone in Oz to call VEVO & get a password from them.

Then with the password & the other details you can acess VEVO!

Things are looking up!!!
Why are you so concerned with VEVO? It is wrong quite often anyway. Just apply for the RRV,it is nothing to do with VEVO.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Veezy is an unknown quantity at this point

Because im unsure of the exact dates and cutting it close.

Besides if I can save paying for the RRV then happy days.

Also VEVO is the official Immi site, surely that is the best way to go?
Old Oct 1st 2014, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

"Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:01:19 +1100
>
> Hello Katherine,
>
> I finalised Eamonn's application on Tuesday. The approval letter was sent
> to your address QLD."

I have this excerpt from an email. Note the date, would this mean my PR visa was granted on the 17th of November 2009? Meaning I have a month and a half until the 5 years is up?

Thanks again for any help,
Old Oct 1st 2014, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Anyone know what my situation will be in regards to becoming a citizen?

*edit* I am reading, it seems I will now have to wait another 4 years while in OZ?

Last edited by Veezy; Oct 1st 2014 at 8:00 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 8:04 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know what my situation will be in regards to becoming a citizen?

*edit* I am reading, it seems I will now have to wait another 4 years while in OZ?
No, only another 3 as you are allowed absences of up to 12 months.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Though I have been away over 12 months?
Old Oct 1st 2014, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter. As long as you had a permanent visa valid four years before you apply, which you will have done.

I'm with BS. Apply for a RRV now, that way you won't have anything to worry about.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Because im unsure of the exact dates and cutting it close.

Besides if I can save paying for the RRV then happy days.

Also VEVO is the official Immi site, surely that is the best way to go?
You don't need to know the exact dates and it is always recommended to have a visa with up to date travel rights. Otherwise you are stuck in Australia. By sounds of it your first visa is about to expire, you qualify for a 5 year RRV so might as well just get it.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

How much are they again? Sorry im like a headless chook atm
Old Oct 1st 2014, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

So if i just get a RRV. Do I still have to be back in Oz by November?
Old Oct 1st 2014, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So if i just get a RRV. Do I still have to be back in Oz by November?
No, you will have another five years.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 12:12 am
Just Joined

Surely there are restrictions of some kind?

Whats that about being there 2 out of the 5 years or you can only travel once there for one year? Wont that apply?
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Surely there are restrictions of some kind?

Whats that about being there 2 out of the 5 years or you can only travel once there for one year? Wont that apply?
I thought you said earlier that you had been present in Australia for at least two of the last five years?

In which case you would qualify for the 5 year RRV. I don't understand your comment about travelling once for one year, permanent visa holders can travel as many times as they wish so long as the visa is current.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 1:10 am
Just Joined

Thank you, yeah sorry im real tired and head spinning a bit from all this.

So in theory, I can keep getting a new RRV every 5 years? As long as I spent 2 out of the 5 in Austalia?

Though in 3 years I could be a citizen anyway... which would be better
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

So in theory, I can keep getting a new RRV every 5 years? As long as I spent 2 out of the 5 in Austalia?

Though in 3 years I could be a citizen anyway... which would be better
Yes and yes it would.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.