Perm Resident been away 2 years

Old Oct 1st 2014, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Veezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perm Resident been away 2 years

Will I need a Resident Return Visa?

Im sure I left while on this visa before and entered with no hassle as my visa details are electronically on my passport.

If I do need the Resident Return Visa, will I have any hassle getting one?

As far as I can tell it will all be sweet. Am I right?

Thanks!
Old Oct 1st 2014, 11:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perm Resident been away 2 years

Originally Posted by Veezy
Will I need a Resident Return Visa?

Im sure I left while on this visa before and entered with no hassle as my visa details are electronically on my passport.

If I do need the Resident Return Visa, will I have any hassle getting one?

As far as I can tell it will all be sweet. Am I right?

Thanks!
So you have a PR visa?

What date was it granted? Because if it was granted more than 5 years ago you will need a RRV to get back in, and you may have to show you still have ties to Austrlia.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Yes I have a PR Visa.

Im slightly unsure of the date it was issued, I cant find the letter!

Im going through my emails but nothing yet, I cant use the VEVO as ive no number to put in. I will keep looking.

I did read that if you have only been out of Australia for 2 years you will be issued with RRV without having to provide evidence of ties etc, not that it will be a problem for me anyway....

Thanks for the reply
Old Oct 1st 2014, 12:15 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have a PR Visa.

Im slightly unsure of the date it was issued, I cant find the letter!

Im going through my emails but nothing yet, I cant use the VEVO as ive no number to put in. I will keep looking.

I did read that if you have only been out of Australia for 2 years you will be issued with RRV without having to provide evidence of ties etc, not that it will be a problem for me anyway....

Thanks for the reply
Have you no idea when it was granted? 5 years would be October 2009.......
Old Oct 1st 2014, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

I have an email saying my application was finalised on Nov 2009.

That would make it just short of 5 years ago right?

I have been outside Australia just short of 2 years.

Last edited by Veezy; Oct 1st 2014 at 12:30 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 12:29 pm
Home and Happy

I have an email saying my application was finalised on Nov 2009.

That wold make it just short of 5 years ago right?

I have been outside Australia just short of 2 years.
well, by the sound of that if you can get back here within the next couple of weeks you don't need a RRV
Otherwise you do. How long did you live here?
Old Oct 1st 2014, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

omg! Is that right?! Ive lived in Oz most of my life, as a baby (but wasnt born in Oz) left in my teens came back in early 20's & became a permanent resident.

Im just slightly nervous about it all, and need someone to put my mind at ease and tell me ill be right.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

"Features

This visa is for:

current or former Australian permanent residents
former Australian citizens.
It allows you to travel overseas and return to Australia as a permanent resident. You need this visa if the travel period on your current permanent visa has expired or is about to expire." - From Immi website.

So the key sentance here is the last one?
Old Oct 1st 2014, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

And thats why I do remember travelling without needing to apply for the RRV! Its making sense to me now....
Old Oct 1st 2014, 12:49 pm
Home and Happy

"Features

This visa is for:

current or former Australian permanent residents
former Australian citizens.
It allows you to travel overseas and return to Australia as a permanent resident. You need this visa if the travel period on your current permanent visa has expired or is about to expire." - From Immi website.

So the key sentance here is the last one?
the issue is that you have Permanent Residency, which gives you the right to live in Austrlia permanently. however that visa only has travel rights for 5 years. After that you need to either be a citizen or have a RRV.
If you have lived in Aus for 2 out of the last 5 years you should get a 5 year RRV. But if you can't fulfill that you may only be granted a lesser time, in which you would be expected to move back. It spunds as if you need to apply for a RRv, as you are so close to the 5 year mark, but how long you get will depend on your recent history there.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Its coming up to 2 years since ive been away.

Thanks for your help, I really should have confirmed all this long ago.

I hope this goes smoothly, wish me luck!
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Anyone know where the best place to find my numbers for VEVO would be so I can officially confirm my visa?
Old Oct 1st 2014, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Were you in Australia for a total of 2 of the 3 years before you left 2 years ago? If so, you will get a 5 year RRV when you apply. You will in any case need one shortly (assuming you plan to travel overseas at some point before you become a citizen, which will be a minimum of 3 years into the future) so you might as well apply now.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Louie I am freaking out. I really think I need to confirm dates on VEVO.

Im scrambling around trying to find stuff with no luck! Who has a record of this???

Someone somewhere has a record of my visa, who can I ask?

I was in Australia 3 out of the 3 years prior to the almost 2 years since I left. So thats good!

I think im going to make this by the skin of my teeth!!!
Old Oct 1st 2014, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

So I think I have it!

You need to have someone in Oz to call VEVO & get a password from them.

Then with the password & the other details you can acess VEVO!

Things are looking up!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.