Passport Photos with Online Application??

Old Oct 15th 2014, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport Photos with Online Application??

Hi!

I lodged my application for a Prospective Marriage Visa last week and I've just finished uploading a number of supporting documents (copy of passport, birth cert, etc etc).

One query I do have, however, is that some parts of the Immigration site seem to suggest that 2 x passport photos should be submitted with the visa application. Now, obviously, that makes sense where the paper based forms are concerned, but is it necessary to upload 2 x passport size photos to my ImmiAccount? Or are they not required for online applications?

Also, does my fiancee have to upload passport photos to accompany her 40SP form (she also did hers online)?

Oh, and finally - I haven't applied for a medical or police clearance yet, as I believe (based on reading around) that it's best to wait given the suggested decision period of 10-14 months. Am I likely to get an email from my CO suggesting when I should get these done, though? And should I have received any sort of email telling me that my application is being looked at? I lodged the application online on 09/10/14, and paid the fee at the same time. On my ImmiAccount the status is showing as "in progress" but I haven't heard anything else, by email or through the site.

Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 16th 2014, 12:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Photos with Online Application??

Originally Posted by Croker
Hi!

I lodged my application for a Prospective Marriage Visa last week and I've just finished uploading a number of supporting documents (copy of passport, birth cert, etc etc).

One query I do have, however, is that some parts of the Immigration site seem to suggest that 2 x passport photos should be submitted with the visa application. Now, obviously, that makes sense where the paper based forms are concerned, but is it necessary to upload 2 x passport size photos to my ImmiAccount? Or are they not required for online applications?

Also, does my fiancee have to upload passport photos to accompany her 40SP form (she also did hers online)?

Oh, and finally - I haven't applied for a medical or police clearance yet, as I believe (based on reading around) that it's best to wait given the suggested decision period of 10-14 months. Am I likely to get an email from my CO suggesting when I should get these done, though? And should I have received any sort of email telling me that my application is being looked at? I lodged the application online on 09/10/14, and paid the fee at the same time. On my ImmiAccount the status is showing as "in progress" but I haven't heard anything else, by email or through the site.

Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
I scanned the two passport photos in - and sent them that way - didn't have a problem.

CO will email you when to do medicals and PCC's.

You will not be told when someone starts to look at your application - as long as payment has been taken, don't worry. Your CO will let you know if they need anything else. Other than that, only tie we heard was when visa was granted.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I scanned the two passport photos in - and sent them that way - didn't have a problem.

CO will email you when to do medicals and PCC's.

You will not be told when someone starts to look at your application - as long as payment has been taken, don't worry. Your CO will let you know if they need anything else. Other than that, only tie we heard was when visa was granted.
Brilliant, thanks very much for the information. I'll scan them forthwith and get them added to my application! Still seems an odd way to go about it, but if it's what they want, I'm not complaining!

Last edited by Croker; Oct 16th 2014 at 10:38 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 8:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant, thanks very much for the information. I'll scan them forthwith and get them added to my application! Still seems an odd way to go about it, but if it's what they want, I'm not complaining!
If its for a PMV through London, you should get a response in about 2 weeks after you lodge. That will give you reference numbers, contact details for a CO, and an approx date after which you should do the meds/pcc. London is quoying around 10-14 months for new applications, so don't do them too soon!
Old Oct 17th 2014, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If its for a PMV through London, you should get a response in about 2 weeks after you lodge. That will give you reference numbers, contact details for a CO, and an approx date after which you should do the meds/pcc. London is quoying around 10-14 months for new applications, so don't do them too soon!
Thanks all for the advice, and - right on cue - I received an email from my CO today with advice on what documents are required in the next 28 days, and when I can book my PCC and medical (April 2015, basically) - so on the application goes!
Old Oct 18th 2014, 10:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the advice, and - right on cue - I received an email from my CO today with advice on what documents are required in the next 28 days, and when I can book my PCC and medical (April 2015, basically) - so on the application goes!