Partner Visa: Subclasses 309/100 questions

Old Jul 18th 2016, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

judiscofield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner Visa: Subclasses 309/100 questions

I am on Skilled Independent Permanent Visa (189) and came to Australia in April. Now I want to apply Partner Visa subclass 309/100 for my wife and kids. I have only 2 questions.

1. Do I need to have a job or source of income in order to be granted partner visa subclass 309/100 for my wife? Actually I came here a couple of months ago and didn't find any job yet. What if I apply this visa without job?

2. In a form 40SP by sponsor (me), they asked the current accommodation type, number of bedrooms, no. of people living in that house/apartment. As I am alone here in Australia at the moment and I only need a room now. So do I need to get a multiple bedroom apartment even before applying for my family? In addition, I don't know how much time the Immigration department.

I would really appropriate seniors' expert opinion and guidance.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa: Subclasses 309/100 questions

No there are no rules about sponsors having jobs, but you should be able to demonstrate how you will support the family.

I see you were applying for the visa a little over a year ago. It would have made a lot more sense to include the family then rather than this two step approach woth a second round of medicals and police checks.