Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Partner visa question in regards to financial support help?

Partner visa question in regards to financial support help?

Old Mar 15th 2014, 11:13 am
Just Joined

mike88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner visa question in regards to financial support help?

Just to give you a very brief story. I would like to sponsor my partner applying Partner Visa. I am an Australian citizen and my partner lives in China. Me and my partner has been together for 4 years now. We have been dealing with long distance relationship. From time to time, I would fly back for a couple of times a year for at least a couple of months and she has been to Aus a few times as well to visit me. We have been to some holiday trips together before. We are planning to get married in Australia end of this year or next year and then plan to apply for onshore partner visa afterwards. I am the sponsor.

Here's the issue. I have no problem submitting plenty of holiday photos and emails to prove our relationship and asking friends statement to verify our genuine relationship etc but because in terms of financial backing, I don't currently work for a no. of years, will it be a problem as my parents give me from time to time? However, I have a a high 5 figure savings and I am not sure if that is sufficent enough to prove to the case officer that I can sponsor my partner for the 2 year period? And also, my parents will be happy to sponsor her if there is such thing and will let my partner live at my parents place. This is what worries me the success rate for having the application approved.

And I am not sure if this is a complicated case, whether it is recommended I should get a local migration agent?

I haven't started anything yet and if any suggestions or answers would be appreciated please? Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2014, 10:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner visa question in regards to financial support help?

Originally Posted by mike88
Just to give you a very brief story. I would like to sponsor my partner applying Partner Visa. I am an Australian citizen and my partner lives in China. Me and my partner has been together for 4 years now. We have been dealing with long distance relationship. From time to time, I would fly back for a couple of times a year for at least a couple of months and she has been to Aus a few times as well to visit me. We have been to some holiday trips together before. We are planning to get married in Australia end of this year or next year and then plan to apply for onshore partner visa afterwards. I am the sponsor.

Here's the issue. I have no problem submitting plenty of holiday photos and emails to prove our relationship and asking friends statement to verify our genuine relationship etc but because in terms of financial backing, I don't currently work for a no. of years, will it be a problem as my parents give me from time to time? However, I have a a high 5 figure savings and I am not sure if that is sufficent enough to prove to the case officer that I can sponsor my partner for the 2 year period? And also, my parents will be happy to sponsor her if there is such thing and will let my partner live at my parents place. This is what worries me the success rate for having the application approved.

And I am not sure if this is a complicated case, whether it is recommended I should get a local migration agent?

I haven't started anything yet and if any suggestions or answers would be appreciated please? Thanks
If she is planning to come to Aus, marry you and then apply onshore for a Spouse Visa. she should be looking at the Prospective Marriage Visa to start with.
That gives 9 months for you two to marry and then apply for the Spoiuse Visa. You will have to show proof of your income, but you can also provide bank statments to show your savings, and in the statment you write about your relationship you can explain how you propose living on thew savings, why you don't work, how your parents will help out etc.

Your parents cannot sponsor her, only you can do thta, but they can write supporting statements to say how you both can live with them etc.

You will have to be able to support her though, unless she plans to work. She will not have access to benefits until she has PR and starting off on a Pros Marriage Visa you are looking at more like 3 years than just 2 before she gets PR.