Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Oct 16th 2013, 6:38 am   #1
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 202
vr4indian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner Visa and Form 80

Hi All

Quick question regarding Partner visa (309 / 100). My friend went to offshore location to submit her documents for partner visa. To surprise, collector over there asked for

1: Form 80
2: Email Chat Transcripts

However, in 47SP, checklist has no mention of Form 80. Any idea whether it is mandatory to submit form 80? also, why immi needs Email chat to come to conclusion? isn't is invading into privacy?

Thanks
vr4indian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16th 2013, 6:48 am   #2
never forget
Moderator
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 22,578
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa and Form 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4indian View Post
Hi All

Quick question regarding Partner visa (309 / 100). My friend went to offshore location to submit her documents for partner visa. To surprise, collector over there asked for

1: Form 80
2: Email Chat Transcripts

However, in 47SP, checklist has no mention of Form 80. Any idea whether it is mandatory to submit form 80? also, why immi needs Email chat to come to conclusion? isn't is invading into privacy?

Thanks
Your friend has to prove that they are in a genuine and continuing relationship I believe - if they are not happy supplying the information asked for, the CO will base the decision on the information supplied, or not, which may or may not be favourable.
old.sparkles is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2013, 6:51 am   #3
Moderator
 
mrsgreenstar76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
Posts: 3,281
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa and Form 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4indian View Post
Hi All

Quick question regarding Partner visa (309 / 100). My friend went to offshore location to submit her documents for partner visa. To surprise, collector over there asked for

1: Form 80
2: Email Chat Transcripts

However, in 47SP, checklist has no mention of Form 80. Any idea whether it is mandatory to submit form 80? also, why immi needs Email chat to come to conclusion? isn't is invading into privacy?

Thanks
Nope. If they want the visa, they'll need to supply the evidence. If they're concerned about privacy, they could withdraw their application. If the CO has requested form 80, they must supply form 80. It's not a big deal, loads of people have had to do it.
__________________
"You can't rewrite history. Not one line." - The Doctor.

(The Doctor's obviously not heard about mod powers then! )
mrsgreenstar76 is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2013, 10:30 am   #4
Behind The Wall
Super Moderator
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: 'The road to loneliness is paved with strangers
Posts: 83,669
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa and Form 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 View Post
Nope. If they want the visa, they'll need to supply the evidence. If they're concerned about privacy, they could withdraw their application. If the CO has requested form 80, they must supply form 80. It's not a big deal, loads of people have had to do it.
Yep, Form 80 isn't essential for Spouse Visas these days but if they want it they can ask for it.
Back in the day they used to insist on it, I had to to it three times, for Pros Spouse, Temp Spouse AND PR !

As for emails, they can help to show what sort of relationship you have - no different to cards, letter etc. Just pick out some that aren't too descriptive and personal!
__________________
There is no pain, you are receeding, a distant ship's smoke on the horizon,
You are only coming though in waves, your lips move but I can't hear what you say.
I have become comfortably numb.
Pollyana is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2013, 10:33 am   #5
Moderator
 
mrsgreenstar76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
Posts: 3,281
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa and Form 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Yep, Form 80 isn't essential for Spouse Visas these days but if they want it they can ask for it.
Back in the day they used to insist on it, I had to to it three times, for Pros Spouse, Temp Spouse AND PR !
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm pretty much working on the "if the CO asks, the CO gets" principle!

Three times? Blimey, you'd think they didn't have enough paperwork to deal with as it was!
__________________
"You can't rewrite history. Not one line." - The Doctor.

(The Doctor's obviously not heard about mod powers then! )
mrsgreenstar76 is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2013, 10:46 am   #6
Behind The Wall
Super Moderator
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: 'The road to loneliness is paved with strangers
Posts: 83,669
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa and Form 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm pretty much working on the "if the CO asks, the CO gets" principle!

Three times? Blimey, you'd think they didn't have enough paperwork to deal with as it was!
I know!! Thank goodness i had kept copies and just had to update it!

As for the emails, its such a common method of communication now that I'm not at all surprised. Had emails in my original and that was 10 years back!
__________________
There is no pain, you are receeding, a distant ship's smoke on the horizon,
You are only coming though in waves, your lips move but I can't hear what you say.
I have become comfortably numb.
Pollyana is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2013, 10:49 am   #7
Premium Member
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Wishing it was somewhere else
Posts: 24,571
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa and Form 80

Jeez, the CO would be bored to tears with the email and text chats between my husband and I. Things like "The bin is being delivered tomorrow", "remember to pick up your wet towel next time so I'm not stepping on it!", "I'm working late tonight." and "Did you take the $20 out of my purse? I went to pay for coffee and had no cash! FFS!! If you're going to take money then tell me!!!!!!"

Those are the type of things that show a genuine, continuing marriage. Personal? Probably, but also mundane like marriage.
Dorothy is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2013, 11:28 am   #8
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,397
roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa and Form 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Back in the day they used to insist on it, I had to to it three times, for Pros Spouse, Temp Spouse AND PR !
I wasn't required to complete Form 80 for my temp spouse in 2005, but was for my PR. Absolutely hated filling it in - so much duplicated information and having to list everywhere I had lived in the past 10 years, which included time I had spent as a backpacker in Australia staying at youth hostels!
roaringmouse is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2013, 2:33 pm   #9
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 39
erfanonline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partner Visa and Form 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4indian View Post
Hi All
1: Form 80
2: Email Chat Transcripts
Thanks
I think you already got the answer. Form-80, you must provide. Email/Chat transcript --- you should provide, that will help your case.

It does not matter whether those were in the check list or not. My CO asked for explanation of part of my name (which is arabic) as well as form 80. I provided them all, got the grant. I provided form 80 for both. I even provided some photos of our wedding ceremony.
erfanonline is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2013, 2:59 pm   #10
Behind The Wall
Super Moderator
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: 'The road to loneliness is paved with strangers
Posts: 83,669
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa and Form 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Jeez, the CO would be bored to tears with the email and text chats between my husband and I. Things like "The bin is being delivered tomorrow", "remember to pick up your wet towel next time so I'm not stepping on it!", "I'm working late tonight." and "Did you take the $20 out of my purse? I went to pay for coffee and had no cash! FFS!! If you're going to take money then tell me!!!!!!"

Those are the type of things that show a genuine, continuing marriage. Personal? Probably, but also mundane like marriage.
And thats what they want, evidence that its a real - and realistic - relationship, not something loveydovey that will peter out when the petals fall off the St Valentines flowers!
__________________
There is no pain, you are receeding, a distant ship's smoke on the horizon,
You are only coming though in waves, your lips move but I can't hear what you say.
I have become comfortably numb.
Pollyana is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:09 pm   #11
BE Enthusiast
 
Malikkhi's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 438
Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice
Default Re: Partner Visa and Form 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4indian View Post
Hi All

Quick question regarding Partner visa (309 / 100). My friend went to offshore location to submit her documents for partner visa. To surprise, collector over there asked for

1: Form 80
2: Email Chat Transcripts

However, in 47SP, checklist has no mention of Form 80. Any idea whether it is mandatory to submit form 80? also, why immi needs Email chat to come to conclusion? isn't is invading into privacy?

Thanks
My wife recently submitted the spouse visa 309(Australian High Commission
Islamabad).In the checklist they specifically mention to submit the form 80.
Email Chat Transcripts can be a supportive evidence to proof their genuine relationship.
__________________
ACS:14/06/2008 Passed|Lodged Online 175 Visa: 27/11/2008|CO:13/05/2009|Medical Sent:15/06/2009|PCC sent:29/06/2009 |Medical Finalised:30/06/2009|All doc Met:06/08/2009|Visa Granted:10/03/2010|Visa Validated:07/2010|Permanently moved with job: 10/2011
Malikkhi is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


 

All times are GMT. The time now is 7:58 am.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com