British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Partner Visa and Form 80 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/partner-visa-form-80-a-812272/)

vr4indian Oct 16th 2013 5:38 am

Partner Visa and Form 80

Hi All

Quick question regarding Partner visa (309 / 100). My friend went to offshore location to submit her documents for partner visa. To surprise, collector over there asked for

1: Form 80
2: Email Chat Transcripts

However, in 47SP, checklist has no mention of Form 80. Any idea whether it is mandatory to submit form 80? also, why immi needs Email chat to come to conclusion? isn't is invading into privacy?

Thanks

old.sparkles Oct 16th 2013 5:48 am

Re: Partner Visa and Form 80

Originally Posted by vr4indian (Post 10946354)
Hi All

Quick question regarding Partner visa (309 / 100). My friend went to offshore location to submit her documents for partner visa. To surprise, collector over there asked for

However, in 47SP, checklist has no mention of Form 80. Any idea whether it is mandatory to submit form 80? also, why immi needs Email chat to come to conclusion? isn't is invading into privacy?

Thanks

Your friend has to prove that they are in a genuine and continuing relationship I believe - if they are not happy supplying the information asked for, the CO will base the decision on the information supplied, or not, which may or may not be favourable.

mrsgreenstar76 Oct 16th 2013 5:51 am

Hi All

Thanks

Nope. If they want the visa, they'll need to supply the evidence. If they're concerned about privacy, they could withdraw their application. If the CO has requested form 80, they must supply form 80. It's not a big deal, loads of people have had to do it.

Pollyana Oct 16th 2013 9:30 am

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 10946363)
Nope. If they want the visa, they'll need to supply the evidence. If they're concerned about privacy, they could withdraw their application. If the CO has requested form 80, they must supply form 80. It's not a big deal, loads of people have had to do it.

Yep, Form 80 isn't essential for Spouse Visas these days but if they want it they can ask for it.
Back in the day they used to insist on it, I had to to it three times, for Pros Spouse, Temp Spouse AND PR !

As for emails, they can help to show what sort of relationship you have - no different to cards, letter etc. Just pick out some that aren't too descriptive and personal!

mrsgreenstar76 Oct 16th 2013 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10946544)
Yep, Form 80 isn't essential for Spouse Visas these days but if they want it they can ask for it.
Back in the day they used to insist on it, I had to to it three times, for Pros Spouse, Temp Spouse AND PR !

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm pretty much working on the "if the CO asks, the CO gets" principle! :D

Three times? Blimey, you'd think they didn't have enough paperwork to deal with as it was! :lol:

Pollyana Oct 16th 2013 9:46 am

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 10946548)
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm pretty much working on the "if the CO asks, the CO gets" principle! :D

Three times? Blimey, you'd think they didn't have enough paperwork to deal with as it was! :lol:

I know!! Thank goodness i had kept copies and just had to update it!

As for the emails, its such a common method of communication now that I'm not at all surprised. Had emails in my original and that was 10 years back!

Dorothy Oct 16th 2013 9:49 am

Jeez, the CO would be bored to tears with the email and text chats between my husband and I. Things like "The bin is being delivered tomorrow", "remember to pick up your wet towel next time so I'm not stepping on it!", "I'm working late tonight." and "Did you take the $20 out of my purse? I went to pay for coffee and had no cash! FFS!! If you're going to take money then tell me!!!!!!"

Those are the type of things that show a genuine, continuing marriage. Personal? Probably, but also mundane like marriage.

roaringmouse Oct 16th 2013 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10946544)

I wasn't required to complete Form 80 for my temp spouse in 2005, but was for my PR. Absolutely hated filling it in - so much duplicated information and having to list everywhere I had lived in the past 10 years, which included time I had spent as a backpacker in Australia staying at youth hostels!

erfanonline Oct 16th 2013 1:33 pm

Hi All
Thanks

I think you already got the answer. Form-80, you must provide. Email/Chat transcript --- you should provide, that will help your case.

It does not matter whether those were in the check list or not. My CO asked for explanation of part of my name (which is arabic) as well as form 80. I provided them all, got the grant. I provided form 80 for both. I even provided some photos of our wedding ceremony.

Pollyana Oct 16th 2013 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 10946563)
Jeez, the CO would be bored to tears with the email and text chats between my husband and I. Things like "The bin is being delivered tomorrow", "remember to pick up your wet towel next time so I'm not stepping on it!", "I'm working late tonight." and "Did you take the $20 out of my purse? I went to pay for coffee and had no cash! FFS!! If you're going to take money then tell me!!!!!!"

Those are the type of things that show a genuine, continuing marriage. Personal? Probably, but also mundane like marriage.

And thats what they want, evidence that its a real - and realistic - relationship, not something loveydovey that will peter out when the petals fall off the St Valentines flowers!

Malikkhi Oct 16th 2013 3:09 pm

Hi All

Thanks

My wife recently submitted the spouse visa 309(Australian High Commission
Islamabad).In the checklist they specifically mention to submit the form 80.
Email Chat Transcripts can be a supportive evidence to proof their genuine relationship.