Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Would Love Remaining Daughter to Australia from UK,HELP!

Would Love Remaining Daughter to Australia from UK,HELP!

Old Oct 16th 2013, 1:23 pm
Best move in life

interested16 will become famous soon enoughinterested16 will become famous soon enough
Default Would Love Remaining Daughter to Australia from UK,HELP!

I just thought I would ask if there is any way I could get my remaining child out to Australia

I am a citizen as is my son.

My other daughter is a permanent resident in Australia.

We all did the visa process separately.

My daughter in Scotland is 28 with 2 young children.

Her father still resides in Scotland. (they are not together anymore)

They have parted because of his violence

She worked as aged care carer for over 3 yrs but no qualifications.

I really don't think there is any options as student visa is no go.

I used to know some immigration laws as i had great difficulty getting to stay here after doing EN nursing.

I thought I had read where careers were so short they were going to be allowed a way of entry.Thanks for your time,any information would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 2:43 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would Love Remaining Daughter to Australia from UK,HELP!

I doubt she would qualify with 2 kids http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/115/

Plus visa takes over a decade to get as far as I know... Unfortunate situation I know, the downside of part of the family migrating. Does she have a skill needed for migration? If not, maybe study towArds it, though the skilled list seems to be changing fairly often without guarantees...
Old Oct 16th 2013, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding the last remaining relative visa, her children will not be an issue, only adult children would cause a problem but not dependent ones.

You mention "her father" but I think you mean the children's father?

In which case the question is where is her father? Unless he is deceased he would mean she doesn't qualify for the remaining relative visa, the quality if her relationship with him is not relevant.

The other issue is that this visa takes a long time, I think it is about 14 years. She would be better working towards retraining if she is so inclined.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 3:47 pm
Best move in life

interested16 will become famous soon enoughinterested16 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Regarding the last remaining relative visa, her children will not be an issue, only adult children would cause a problem but not dependent ones.

You mention "her father" but I think you mean the children's father?

In which case the question is where is her father? Unless he is deceased he would mean she doesn't qualify for the remaining relative visa, the quality if her relationship with him is not relevant.

The other issue is that this visa takes a long time, I think it is about 14 years. She would be better working towards retraining if she is so inclined.
Hi, thanks for the info, yes i meant her childs father,ooops!
Old Oct 16th 2013, 10:37 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by interested16
Hi, thanks for the info, yes i meant her childs father,ooops!
Where is your daughters father?

If he is alive in the UK then your daughter would not qualify as she would have a remaining relative in UK.