Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Parents receive Standard Tourist visa instead of "Parents Long Stay Tourist Visa".

Parents receive Standard Tourist visa instead of "Parents Long Stay Tourist Visa".

Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future
Default Re: Parents receive Standard Tourist visa instead of "Parents Long Stay Tourist Visa"

Originally Posted by NickyC
Don't agree with your interpretation here. The criteria for getting 'up to' 5 years, 3 years or 1.5 years is clearly documented in your quote. There's no flexibility involved and so the 'case by case' term cannot apply here. Eg Only parents in the 103 visa queue will get 'up to' 5 years, only parents who have been before will get 'up to' 3 years, the rest will get 'up to' 18 months.

You seemed to have missed the importance of the 'up to' in the documentation. I think it explains everything..
Thank you NickyC for coming to discussion,

I completely agree with you but in these 3 category if "up to" is everything to consider (which is definitely yes) then there is one clear word "Multiple Entry visa".
Multiple entry visas with a maximum stay of 12 months will be considered on a case- by-case basis with maximum validity periods of up to:
But in this case, the visa is single entry standard visitor visa.

@MrsGreenStar76:

My parents are completely healthy and physically fit. Hence it is less chance to think about (but definitely this is an important point as well).

Last edited by itprofessional; Apr 8th 2013 at 5:46 am.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:02 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents receive Standard Tourist visa instead of "Parents Long Stay Tourist Visa"

Originally Posted by itprofessional
Thank you NickyC for coming to discussion,

I completely agree with you but in these 3 category if "up to" is everything to consider (which is definitely yes) then there is one clear word "Multiple Entry visa".

But in this case, the visa is single entry standard visitor visa.

@MrsGreenStar76:

My parents are completely healthy and physically fit. Hence it is less chance to thinks about (but definitely this is an important point as well).
I suggest you read TeeTMI's post.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
I suggest you read TeeTMI's post.
Thank you for your reply .... really obliged.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:04 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply .... really obliged.
You're entirely welcome.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Yahoooo!!!

It is a matter of great pleasure that immigration department reconsidered my request on behalf of my parents and revised the visit visa grant from 6 months to 18 months (with 12 months stay period) and multiple entry.

Regards,

Umar Farooq
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:53 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoooo!!!

It is a matter of great pleasure that immigration department reconsidered my request on behalf of my parents and revised the visit visa grant from 6 months to 18 months (with 12 months stay period) and multiple entry.

Regards,

Umar Farooq
Congratulations Umar, always nice to hear a success story
I hope that your parents really enjoy their time in wonderful Australia
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:07 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

Yahoooo!!!

Regards,

Umar Farooq
I am happy for you.