Parental responsibility

Old Sep 23rd 2015, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Vicci33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parental responsibility

Hi, could anybody advise me on how it stand with my children's dad in terms of parental responsibility.

We have never been married, been separated 12 years and he has not seen the children since.

Both boys were born before December 2003, however he is named on their birth certificate.

I am hoping to emigrate next year, however have been informed I still may need his permission to do so.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

I am awaiting legal advice on this however all help is useful...

Thank you
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 8:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parental responsibility

Yes, you need the other parent's permission, even if that parent has had negligible or no contact for many years.

An alternative to getting the father's permission, is a court order, and if you are not in contact with your children's father that maybe a better way to address the problem, though there is the risk that the court could insist on notifying the child's father and stirring up the hornets' nest. This is something that you would have to discuss with your solicitor.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, this was what I was worried about!! ...

Does it make no difference the year they were born?? I read earlier that they only have automatic PR if the children were born after December 2003, although unfortunately he is named on the birth certificates.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 9:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vicci33
.... Does it make no difference the year they were born?? I read earlier that they only have automatic PR if the children were born prior to December 2003, although unfortunately he is named on the birth certificates.
Honestly, I don't know, but in your case, with his name on the BCs, I think you're going to need his permission or a court order.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

That's what I thought... Thanks for your help 😊 x