Parent Visa options

Old Nov 20th 2014, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Jb90896 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parent Visa options

Apologies if this has been asked before - I understand the parent visa 103 applications are open again for a limited period? Can this vis be converted to a 173 (temp) or 143 ( permanent) at a later stage if the waiting proves too much? Can the fee be refunded at all?
Thanking you in advance
Old Nov 20th 2014, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Visa options

Originally Posted by Jb90896
Apologies if this has been asked before - I understand the parent visa 103 applications are open again for a limited period? Can this vis be converted to a 173 (temp) or 143 ( permanent) at a later stage if the waiting proves too much? Can the fee be refunded at all?
Thanking you in advance
Yes open for a limited period, until the government can close it again. In the meantime, they can make the processing time as lengthy as they want.

If the money is available for a 173 or 143, I would just do that. I don't believe that you could convert if you get fed up waiting, I think it would be a case of starting again.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Yes this is what we did. We initially applied for a 103 visa and then decided to go for the 173/143 Contributory visa. On the application form there is a question which asks whether you wish to cancel any other visa applications and this is where you will cancel the 103.

Unfortunately you will not get the application fee back for the 103 and will have to pay a new initial application fee for the Contributory 173 or 143. The good news is that they took the time we had been waiting on the 103 into consideration and we therefore got our 173 visa quite quickly after application.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Jb90896 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for that information