Parent migration

Old Jun 9th 2015, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

wmatilda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parent migration

Greetings folks,

Newbie here. I'm the only child in the family and last week my dad passed away.
I have been living in Oz for nearly 5 years. My mum is 72 and now living by her self (thankfully she doesn't have any major ailments), which is a major concern. What would be my options of getting her down for good ?

• 804 category states it takes up to 30 years
  • 143 looks to be having multiple sub categories. again i'm
Does she have an option of coming down on a visit and apply for residency as an onshore applicant ?

What are the plausible costs and the timelines ?

TIA
Matilda
Old Jun 9th 2015, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent migration

Hi Matilda

Given your mothers age there is the option of applying onshore. In addition to the non-contributory SC804, you might look at the Contributory Parent Visa the SC864.

The first has a long processing time and lower cots, the second a high cost but much shorter processing time. Depending upon the number of parents in front of you when you apply (6-24 months, currently it is quite quick)

There are pros and cons in respect of the 2 options.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Hiya TeetMI

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, sound a good suggestion. As the processing time for the 864 is about 6 -24 months, looking at 884 (Temporary ) visa initially looks really promising.

The cost you mentioned, when i look at the pricing estimator it's $ 3520. Is that it or do you have to pay more ?

TIA
Matilda
Old Jun 10th 2015, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

The Contributory Parent Visas currently cost just under $48,000 there is a second VAC.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Plus a sum of assurance to be deposited for a number of years, you do get that back though I think it is around $10,000.
Not a cheap option I'm afraid. There are a few threads on this.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Does your mum want to move, uproot herself from all that she has known and built over a lifetime to transplant herself in a foreign land? Bear in mind all the other ramifications, too, like a pension, frozen at the date you move, medical costs etc. CPV ball park $50k give or take - not a cheap option by any means
Old Jun 10th 2015, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quoll
Does your mum want to move, uproot herself from all that she has known and built over a lifetime to transplant herself in a foreign land? Bear in mind all the other ramifications, too, like a pension, frozen at the date you move, medical costs etc. CPV ball park $50k give or take - not a cheap option by any means
Well, we have managed to convince her to a greater extent i guess. All you mentioned stands true.
She likes to be with the grand kids which is a huge thing for her. Also, if she's there her siblings getting worried about he is also a concern for her.

CPV sub category 143 cost something like 50K +-. Do you know if the 864 and the 884 also cost the same. I'm confused

Thanks for your post
Old Jun 11th 2015, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Plus a sum of assurance to be deposited for a number of years, you do get that back though I think it is around $10,000.
Not a cheap option I'm afraid. There are a few threads on this.
Does this apply for the categories of 864 and 884 ?
Old Jun 11th 2015, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Assurance of Support

Contributory Parent/Aged Parent visa applicants, AoS bond of AUD10 000 (main applicant) adult secondary applicants $4000. The bond is held for 10 years.

Parent/Aged Parent visa applicants, AoS bond of AUD5000 (main applicant) adult secondary $2000. This bond is held for two years.