one interesting technique

Old Feb 20th 2001, 1:22 pm
Andrey Chepurko

Hi! My name's Andrey. What if I try 2 arrive at Australia as a tourist, then manage 2 stay
there for more than 45 days(illegaly) and then apply for asylum? Will it work? I'm a
Ukrainian, willing to live and work as an IT-profi at Australia.

Who knows something about this approach? Would b very grateful if someone kept me posted
to this topic

Thanks, Bye

Old Feb 20th 2001, 7:13 pm
Zebee Johnstone

In misc.immigration.australia+nz on Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:22:09 +0100

>Hi! My name's Andrey. What if I try 2 arrive at Australia as a tourist, then manage 2
>stay there for more than 45 days(illegaly) and then apply for asylum? Will it work? I'm a
>Ukrainian, willing to live and work as an IT-profi at Australia.
>

You'll get put in a detention camp in the desert for however long it takes to determine
your application. If you can't prove that you are in danger in the Ukraine, you'll be
deported and never allowed back
in.

It's not a good idea.

Go the proper route, if you are an IT professional then you will probably get in that way.

Zebee

Old Feb 21st 2001, 6:17 am
digest

> Hi! My name's Andrey. What if I try 2 arrive at Australia as a tourist, then manage 2
> stay there for more than 45 days(illegaly) and then apply for asylum? Will it work? I'm
> a Ukrainian, willing to live and work as an IT-profi at Australia.
>
> Who knows something about this approach? Would b very grateful if someone kept me posted
> to this topic
>
> Thanks, Bye

Hi!

I am Ukrainian too. First of all, I would strongly recommend you to be law-abiding and to
comply with all rules and regulations both internationally and dometically, and secondly
to please not ask questions suggesting any deviations from these. They are likely to be
detected by the Embassy officers, which in turn will greatly jeopardise other Ukrainian
law-abiding citizens' (businessmen/tourists) chances of having their temporary visas
granted. It is an international news group and I would not like its members to get a
rather negative impression from its Ukrainian&Russian participants asking questions like
this one as of the folks seeking easy ways to follow, shirking the hard work and in
overall dishonest, which, I stress, is not true. You would have a much easier time to
apply under the Skilled stream category and I am confident you have all your chances to
succeed. I wish you good luck and a lot of success in your future professional endevours.
Regards, Constantine Nebesniy

Old Feb 21st 2001, 8:00 am
George Lombard

Hi Andrey,

As you probably haven't had the chance to read Peter Pan, if I refer to the Lost Boys, it
will make no sense to you. However, in our practice we see many asylum seekers who
realise, too late, that there was a right way to go about migration to Australia. In any
event, posting such a suggestion on this ng is a sure way to alert DIMA that your
application is not genuine... You won't get a detention camp, but you won't get permission
to work, and your chances of migrating anywhere else in the civilised world will be zilch.
I understand that the beaches in Odessa aren't all that bad, because that's the closest
you'll be to Bondi in two years' time.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au Andrey Chepurko
>Hi! My name's Andrey. What if I try 2 arrive at Australia as a tourist, then manage 2
>stay there for more than 45 days(illegaly) and then apply for asylum? Will it work? I'm a
>
>Who knows something about this approach? Would b very grateful if someone kept me posted
>to this topic
>
>Thanks, Bye

Old Feb 21st 2001, 1:27 pm
Provisor

Andrey Chepurko ïèøåò â ñîîáùåíèè <[email protected]> ...
>
>Who knows something about this approach? Would b very grateful if someone kept me posted
>to this topic
>
>Thanks, Bye

Hello,

Well, I am Ukrainian too, to begin with. First and foremost, I would strongly recommend
you to be law-abiding and willing to comply with the existing regulations both
domestically and internationally from the very start, and to steer clear of any deals you
cannot find your way to fulfil. Moreover, I would like to remind you that this news-group
is an international one, and any "half-legal" enquiries like this one is likely to damage
not only the image of those who come up them, but the image of other Russian/Ukrainian
participants either. It is also likely to contibute, whether it be in an implicit way or
not, to the support of this falsified and Western media-boosted image of Russians as of
the nation who is unaware of the law-abiding behaviour and seeking to embark on seemingly
easy (and hence hardly legal) paths, which I stress is not true.

Australia holds a well-earned reputation of a good country to live in but not as a
soft touch for illegal intruders. More dangerously, this sort of quiries are likely to
be detected by the Embassy officers or orther officials, which might further damage
our country's international image and in the long run will jeopardize the chances of
other law-abiding Ukrainian citizens (applying for a short-term stay) of having their
visas granted.

So, I would like to appeal to you as well as to anyone else in this group to stay within
the legal frame only. Being honest and hardworking may seem as a long way round to some
but that is the number which always pays off in the end of day.

I am confident you will have all the chances to succeed should you apply under the Skilled
stream category and I sincerely wish you good luck in your future endavours.

Regards, Constantine

Old Feb 21st 2001, 8:12 pm
Rob McCulloch

Andrey, Please don't even think about it... It has been done before and is one of the
reasons why normal Russians, and ex-Russians, (ie:- not rich, or in extremely good jobs or
'on a mission' - like sports or conferences, etc) have such a difficult time getting a
Tourist Visa to Australia. We were refused three times.. And could quote you many
instances of other very deserving cases from Russia who never get a Visa.. Like a Moscow
lady who was refused a Visa to visit her 80 year old Granny, who lived in Australia,
before the Granny died.~!

And you will find the Embassy is well ahead of you anyway. You will need a very good set
of reasons to convince the Embassy that you won't "overstay" your Visa.. All Russians now
suffer because others have tried what you propose. Though, other nationalities do overstay
their Visa's in far greater numbers and at far greater rates!!

Another thing that you may not have considered. Australia is not necessarily an easy
country to hide in without support from other people. And there isn't many people who
would now feel obliged to help you.. Maybe some nationalities here would find it easier to
get support from within their communities but the penalties for helping people "hide" in
this country are now very severe. Employers also are now also not likely to give you work.
The Department of Immigration has done lots to make giving refuge to people overstaying
Visa's a very risky business! As someone has already said. Overstay on a Visa and you'll
never get another one!

If you are an IT professional you should have no trouble getting a proper Immigration
Visa. IT professionals seem to be getting preferred treatment for migration Visa's. And if
you have given your correct name I would think someone has already noted your name in
Immigration and will be very careful if you apply for a TouristVisa.

Andrey Chepurko wrote:

> Hi! My name's Andrey. What if I try 2 arrive at Australia as a tourist, then manage 2
> stay there for more than 45 days(illegaly) and then apply for asylum? Will it work? I'm
> a Ukrainian, willing to live and work as an IT-profi at Australia.
>
> Who knows something about this approach? Would b very grateful if someone kept me posted
> to this topic
>
> Thanks, Bye