Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Nursing Registration: applicants must present within three months

Nursing Registration: applicants must present within three months

Old Sep 8th 2017, 9:56 am
Just Joined

lozzie123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing Registration: applicants must present within three months

You don't have to be ready to start work straight away. It's just an expensive pain to go over there just to collect it. I'm collecting mine next week!
Old Sep 8th 2017, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Coopersr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That makes no sense, you don't need a job offer in order to register wth AHPRA. You can register without having a job lined up at all,and many people register before they even make contact with prospective employers.
Hi I did need an Ausralian address though
Old Sep 8th 2017, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by valeche
Lauren- noted this on my application, too! What have you done about it? I have a friend's address who I could use, I suppose but it's not even in the state I intend to live in! The two things on the application that threw me were the Australian address and prospective employers details
I used my friends address and it was fine I then flew
Back
To
The U.K. I'm
Planning on returning in
March 18
Old Sep 8th 2017, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Emmaaky is an unknown quantity at this point

For the 12 week period to get registered what do you need to present with to get registered? Do they need an Australian proof of address? Once registered is that you registered as a nurse in oz for good like NMC in U.K.?
Old Sep 8th 2017, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Emmaaky
For the 12 week period to get registered what do you need to present with to get registered? Do they need an Australian proof of address? Once registered is that you registered as a nurse in oz for good like NMC in U.K.?
Your registration is valid for a year once granted
It was proof of an address in Oz some people put their temporary accommodation OR a offer of employment from an employer
Old Sep 8th 2017, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lozzie123
You don't have to be ready to start work straight away. It's just an expensive pain to go over there just to collect it. I'm collecting mine next week!
So you can go over from U.K. Get registered and come back to UK. Then you'd have a year to go back. What do you need to collect it then do you need a visa that allows you to work and an oz address?
Old Sep 8th 2017, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Emmaaky
So you can go over from U.K. Get registered and come back to UK. Then you'd have a year to go back. What do you need to collect it then do you need a visa that allows you to work and an oz address?
Hi yes once they give you provisional registration you have three month to attend to validate you can just go for that purpose.
You would need a visa which allows you to come and go like PR or citizenship does
You use to have 12 months but reduced it to three which their is no way I could pack up my kids and my life and move in
Old Sep 8th 2017, 10:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coopersr6
Hi yes once they give you provisional registration you have three month to attend to validate you can just go for that purpose.
You would need a visa which allows you to come and go like PR or citizenship does
You use to have 12 months but reduced it to three which their is no way I could pack up my kids and my life and move in
If you are just coming to complete the registration process you don't need PR, you can use a tourist visa.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you are just coming to complete the registration process you don't need PR, you can use a tourist visa.
That's great news so I could use a holiday visa get registered and come home again. To get registered then you just need to be there in person within the 12 weeks. Don't need oz proof of address and no work visa or job offers?
Old Sep 9th 2017, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

geo_1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan
This now appears to be confirmed in correspondence from AHPRA to several of our clients.

Once AHPRA In Principle Approval Of Registration is granted, applicants must now present themselves at an AHPRA office within three months of the letter. Their office has said that they no longer give 12 months for applicants to present as before.

If additional costs are a factor, then we would not recommend visa applicants apply to AHPRA too early. Preferably you would want to have your visa grant already, as you will only have 12 weeks to turn up at an AHPRA office to activate full registration, unless of course you are ok about flying there beforehand with the purpose of activating your registration.

Regards,

Richard
Does this mean that if you attend and activate the registration, thats it live for 12 months?

If for whatever reason that you don't activate it, would it be a full new application?

Thanks, George
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:10 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

If it expires then you can apply to renew it, which has different costs associated with it. If you are being sponsored then it's easy to renew while in Australia.

However, as I always recommend, during this time you should really aim for a permanent skilled visa if you can, as then you are not at the mercy of any employer or temp visa requirements.

With current Oz registration you can apply for a modified skilled assessment with ANMAC - the first step on the PR route.

Regards,

Richard