Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November visa applications(as i believe there is a few of us!)

November visa applications(as i believe there is a few of us!)

Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all
Default Re: November visa applications(as i believe there is a few of us!)

Anyone feeling like this...but only been waiting for over week and i am fed up!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clanwylie
Anyone feeling like this...but only been waiting for over week and i am fed up!

Hi Clanwylie x

Not yet. Went through a lack of interest stage when App first went in, now in a rest period (rest from worrying about forms and information to be gathered etc) and I think because I know it is such a long wait, I am not going to start thinking about it until after January (my philosophy being that the earliest MODL Skilled Ind has come back in 3 months 1 week, therefore wont hear until at least Feb, even then I am sure that it will be more like April when we hear), so concentrating on getting this ole house in good order for the dreaded sale.

Bet you after Christmas I will be a bl**dy nightmare!

Vics xx
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Vic&jase
Hi Clanwylie x

Not yet. Went through a lack of interest stage when App first went in, now in a rest period (rest from worrying about forms and information to be gathered etc) and I think because I know it is such a long wait, I am not going to start thinking about it until after January (my philosophy being that the earliest MODL Skilled Ind has come back in 3 months 1 week, therefore wont hear until at least Feb, even then I am sure that it will be more like April when we hear), so concentrating on getting this ole house in good order for the dreaded sale.

Bet you after Christmas I will be a bl**dy nightmare!

Vics xx
You are right about all the forms, glad to see them off. But as I sit and look at the sold sign in the garden I am more worked up. It would be nice to hear something before we move out in January (wishful thinking) lol, God its freezing today.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

You are right about all the forms, glad to see them off. But as I sit and look at the sold sign in the garden I am more worked up. It would be nice to hear something before we move out in January (wishful thinking) lol, God its freezing today.
Ah Ha, I did not know you have completed that part of the task! That puts a different slant on things, yes, if I were you I would be very fed up! Sold sign, freeeeezing cold and waiting for the sunshine visa x

Vics xx
Old Nov 20th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

WHOOHOO!!!! - almost officially made the November list.

I have just ordered the courier ( interparcel ), they should come and collect between 3 and 5 tomorrow...get in there!!!!

Only, I have started stressing already. I did not know who to put as the recipient on the interparcel website when I ordered the courier so I just put "DIMIA Official" and now I am stressing in case DIMIA don't actually employ the people at the ASPC or if the courier wants someone called Dimia Official to sign for it. Hmmmm........

I did put on the contents description " Australian visa application documents " though, so I am sure some one will be able to sign.

Anyway, roll on tomorrow then roll on next week when it's been signed for. I will be relieved once my CC has been debited. We can relax then as we are not planning to move over for a few years so the application process is no real rush. We just need it lodging sharpish as I am 30 soon and need the maximum age points.

BTW - 194 pages all in and we are on a Skilled Independent 136.

Good luck everyone ;-)
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya all - can I join ?

Ours was sent by courier on 18th - think we'll be asked for more info but at least it's off now. House is due on the market in two weeks and we have so much to do before then it frightens me. What frightens me most is if we sell the house before we get a visa and then we don't get the visa - what then ?!

Heather
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohippy
Hiya all - can I join ?

Ours was sent by courier on 18th - think we'll be asked for more info but at least it's off now. House is due on the market in two weeks and we have so much to do before then it frightens me. What frightens me most is if we sell the house before we get a visa and then we don't get the visa - what then ?!

Heather
Hi there...and welcome. I think we are all in the same boat...our house is sold and we move out January ahhhhhh!!! and only sent visa in November but think positively well i keep saying that to myself!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there...and welcome. I think we are all in the same boat...our house is sold and we move out January ahhhhhh!!! and only sent visa in November but think positively well i keep saying that to myself!
I've been checking out the timelines and it just doesn't make any sense - some have received their visas after 3/4 months and others who submiited their visa app at the same time are still waiting for police and med requests !! All MODL too - is there any pattern to which apps they look at ?

Heather
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohippy
I've been checking out the timelines and it just doesn't make any sense - some have received their visas after 3/4 months and others who submiited their visa app at the same time are still waiting for police and med requests !! All MODL too - is there any pattern to which apps they look at ?

Heather
To be honest i haven't a clue...I just hope to be there by June. Where are you heading? We are of to Perth fingers and toes crossed!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

To be honest i haven't a clue...I just hope to be there by June. Where are you heading? We are of to Perth fingers and toes crossed!
Same - well WA - maybe northern burbs or south Mandurah way. Will check out when/ if we get there. Really want to be there by end August at the latest so kids don't have to start a new school year

Heather
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:32 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Update on 47sk print version 7/11, probably only me and clanwylie made the mistake of using the old form and old address (very much doubt that), anyway.
Had a reply back, said "we are still accepting the old form, and all 1st floor mail is being redirected to the 4th floor"
Common sense I know BUT with these things any hiccup is a worry and this is one less to worry about.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulf
Update on 47sk print version 7/11, probably only me and clanwylie made the mistake of using the old form and old address (very much doubt that), anyway.
Had a reply back, said "we are still accepting the old form, and all 1st floor mail is being redirected to the 4th floor"
Common sense I know BUT with these things any hiccup is a worry and this is one less to worry about.
Hey thanks for that info, like you said one less thing too worry about. Now I must just wait patiently for medical requests...and I am fed up already! I thought with the run up to Christmas my mind would be occupied but no....Everyday it pops up! I wonder if someone is looking at my application!
Old Nov 21st 2005, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of light

Well just had to start this one as I believe there is a few of us!!!!
Well ours went out yesterday! (3rd Nov)
So come on lets all stick together on this roller coaster ride to OZ!
Can I join this exclusive club? My agent has finally finished tweaking my application and is sending it today! Hooray!
I was expecting to feel relieved - so why do I feel more stressed than ever?
Old Nov 21st 2005, 1:47 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Hey thanks for that info, like you said one less thing too worry about. Now I must just wait patiently for medical requests...and I am fed up already! I thought with the run up to Christmas my mind would be occupied but no....Everyday it pops up! I wonder if someone is looking at my application!
lol, you have to accept the fact that your application is under a HUGE pile of others and wont see the light of day for a couple of months yet, at least it's nice and warm in adelaide so it wont suffer too much.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I'm so excited.

DHL have just left the building with our app.

YEEEHHHAAAAA.......

OK, excitment over, got to face the wait now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.