November 2007 Applicants

Old Nov 25th 2007, 7:41 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all
Default Re: November 2007 Applicants

hi ebyron,
don't think we're heading for sydney, nothing set in stone yet anyway, do you rec acknowledgement by email, post or through your agent?
kate
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!

I'm applying on 176 family sponsored, applied online and sent through/paid for this sunday 25th Nov. Just scanning in my docs now ready to upload.

From what i've read it would be wise to go out and have my medicals done now?

I'm a 25 y/o graphic designer, going on my own! Like a few people, i've not been able to convince the OH to go with me.. what can you do..

Mad that this is going to take so long, ready to go! I've had a job offer out of the blue which is great but doubt they'll hold out for the processing time - came just too late as they also said they'd think about sponsoring me.. so might have missed a trick there. Otherwise all good and very positive, confident it'll come together.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pacey
Hi guys!

I'm applying on 176 family sponsored, applied online and sent through/paid for this sunday 25th Nov. Just scanning in my docs now ready to upload.

From what i've read it would be wise to go out and have my medicals done now?

I'm a 25 y/o graphic designer, going on my own! Like a few people, i've not been able to convince the OH to go with me.. what can you do..

Mad that this is going to take so long, ready to go! I've had a job offer out of the blue which is great but doubt they'll hold out for the processing time - came just too late as they also said they'd think about sponsoring me.. so might have missed a trick there. Otherwise all good and very positive, confident it'll come together.
Your meds are only valid for 12 months. They quote 12 months from low risk countries although this varies of course.

Our agent recomended we waited until they were requested but we wanted to go ahead, applied in Oct but not having meds until Jan which I think is sensible.

Alot of folk do front load and it can pay off but you do run the risk of paying for them twice!!!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks. I think i'll book mine immediately as I doubt it'll take 12 months to process from this point. God, I hope not. Life has been on hold long enough! BTW i am emigrating from Lincolnshire to Sydney, where my sister lives. I have another sis in NZ.

Good luck to you all!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

ebyron is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I think i'll book mine immediately as I doubt it'll take 12 months to process from this point. God, I hope not. Life has been on hold long enough! BTW i am emigrating from Lincolnshire to Sydney, where my sister lives. I have another sis in NZ.

Good luck to you all!
We've booked ours before they have been requested too. Hoping that will speed things up a bit.

We are heading to Sydney too. Any advice re areas to head for?!?!?!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah i def think it will speed things up, and the risk of needing to repeat the meds is small. Booking mine tomorrow. Was there much of a wait?

As for sydney, well - what are your reasons for emigrating, and what lifestyle do you want? Do you have kids?

For me, moving to Aus is all about being able to live outdoors, so the suburbs that suit me are those by a great beach, but not too far from the city. Coogee & Manly are my first picks for those reasons - probably has a lot to do with my age, too. I'd avoid Bondi as a permanent settlement, and probably think about moving to the northern suburbs a little later when I'm settled - if I can afford to.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

We went backpacking in Australia 10years ago!! Want to return there for a few years for the experience - with the kids, age 4 and 1!

Sydney will be our base, OH will take time of work every few months so we can go traveling around in a camper van! We want somewhere that is child friendly, but feels different to the UK - definitely want to make the most of the outdoor style lifestyle which i think will be an excellent experience for the children.

Manly is definitely a place we enjoyed when we were over there last! Last requirement is that my OH does not have too long a commute to work. His occupation is IT so i guess he'll be heading to the CBD. A commute involving a boat would be great for him!

We are very excited, the next few months can't go quick enough. Had no idea when we started this process that it would take so long - we thought we would be there by January - watching fireworks over the harbour bridge
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunny somers
hi ebyron,
don't think we're heading for sydney, nothing set in stone yet anyway, do you rec acknowledgement by email, post or through your agent?
kate
Have not gone through our agent, fingers crossed that was the right move! We requested that they contact us via email
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wandathecat
Your meds are only valid for 12 months. They quote 12 months from low risk countries although this varies of course.

Our agent recomended we waited until they were requested but we wanted to go ahead, applied in Oct but not having meds until Jan which I think is sensible.

Alot of folk do front load and it can pay off but you do run the risk of paying for them twice!!!

Do they not automatically request it now within 28 days of online application?

We submitted our application on the 18th November and booked our meds the next day as we got an email which stated (28 days) this the very next day.
We didn't have to wait long, in fact ours were yesterday and the doc said we are all fine and will let us know on monday about x-rays and blood results.
The waiting begins now.
BTW we also applied for our checks too.

Last edited by soulrebel; Nov 28th 2007 at 8:29 am.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Manly sounds great for you, ebyron. Although as you say i bet the novelty of that ferry can wear off, especially in the winter months! You have a great plan though. A big reason for me is the life it will give my (unborn) children. I can't imagine being happy about bringing kids up in a UK city.

booking my meds today, and hoping i can afford to have them done this month.. well, it is christmas!

I am already looking at property. Need to look into mortgages, but renting sounds crazy bearing in mind the prices - so buying a two bed and renting a room could be a good move? Anybody think that sounds dumb? (I've only ever rented..)

And i agree.. the next few months really cannot go quick enough! It's hard for people to understand what it's like to have to wait for your life to start! Chin up though, it'll be all worth it!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Manly sounds great for you, ebyron. Although as you say i bet the novelty of that ferry can wear off, especially in the winter months! You have a great plan though. A big reason for me is the life it will give my (unborn) children. I can't imagine being happy about bringing kids up in a UK city.

booking my meds today, and hoping i can afford to have them done this month.. well, it is christmas!

I am already looking at property. Need to look into mortgages, but renting sounds crazy bearing in mind the prices - so buying a two bed and renting a room could be a good move? Anybody think that sounds dumb? (I've only ever rented..)

And i agree.. the next few months really cannot go quick enough! It's hard for people to understand what it's like to have to wait for your life to start! Chin up though, it'll be all worth it!
Hi
My experience has taught me that renting a house for one year makes sense, giving you time to find out if the area is right for you, i myself moved from england to france and wish i had rented first.......you never no how you will feel a couple of months in and having to then sell a property is a bug bear, having the money earning for you in a bank account until you are ready is the wise thing to do...
Sharon
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

hahah there definately won't be any money earning in my bank account
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Can officially join the Nov apps thread

Submitted our 175 today, now the fun begins.......
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:42 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

welcome aboard niki, weldone with getting your app sorted, now we just have to sit and wait, wait, wait.
kate
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

OZ2GO is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NikiL
Yay! Can officially join the Nov apps thread

Submitted our 175 today, now the fun begins.......
Hi there and welcome to the November crowd. Come in and join us in the waiting room. Good luck with meds next week.

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.