Non Contributory Visa Sub class 804

Old May 9th 2017, 10:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non Contributory Visa Sub class 804

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
See the subclass 602 Medical Treatment visa.

Best regards.
Thanks Alan. I thought the 602 was only a short term visa for medical treatment and that the visa holder was expected to return home after treatment. So if someone was refused a non-contributory parent visa on health grounds, they just need to apply for a 602 and they can stay permanently?
Old May 9th 2017, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Thanks Alan. I thought the 602 was only a short term visa for medical treatment and that the visa holder was expected to return home after treatment. So if someone was refused a non-contributory parent visa on health grounds, they just need to apply for a 602 and they can stay permanently?
I guess that depends on how permanent the treatment program is likely to be. In the case of a terminal illness I guess that would be the outcome. Also the capacity of the person to be repatriated - as long as they are stable and medical supervision could see them home, there is no reason why they couldn't go. I should imagine a 602 will be hard to justify for the longer term but I think that is how some of the ones featured in the media were allowed to stay. Looks like a bit of a loophole
Old May 9th 2017, 10:31 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I think quoll's reply is pretty much on the money ...

Best regards.
Old May 12th 2017, 10:38 am
Just Joined

tanyaiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michael74
Unfortunately not so. We originally had BVA bridging visas subsequently followed after application by BVB's giving us the right to leave and return for a period of 5 years.

By entering the immigration web site and putting in the date our visa's were granted i.e. 804's it comes up with the number of visa applications for PR that are in front of us. By my calculations it will take approx. 13.8 years for our PR's based on the number that are approved each month. I hope we are still around for that - extremely unlikely !!
Hi Michael,
May I ask how did you get such a generous BVB - 5 years with multiple entries. That's exactly what my mum needs at the moment but I've been told that the BVB is usually granted for up to a number of weeks or maybe a couple of months at the most. Did you have to give a particular reason for them to grant you a BVB for 5 years? My mum is 67 and her queue date is 6 Nov 2015.
Thank you !
Old May 12th 2017, 12:29 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tanyaiv
Hi Michael,
May I ask how did you get such a generous BVB - 5 years with multiple entries. That's exactly what my mum needs at the moment but I've been told that the BVB is usually granted for up to a number of weeks or maybe a couple of months at the most. Did you have to give a particular reason for them to grant you a BVB for 5 years? My mum is 67 and her queue date is 6 Nov 2015.
Thank you !

=> Not correct.

Can I say here that so far as I am aware public forums that discuss immigration matters are reviewed by the Department of Immigration, so comments such as "... such a generous BVB ..." could lead to less generous outcomes in the future.

It would perhaps be best to be a tad more circumspect, and to use the PM facility, IMHO.

Best regards.