No of years required

Old Oct 26th 2008, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

khan1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No of years required

Hi all,
I am planning to apply for skilled migration to Australia now. I would like to know how long can I delay my landing once I receive my PR papers. What is the minimum time required to stay there for applying the citizenship?
:
Should only the primary applicant land in Australia or is it compulsory that my whole family should come along me.
:
Thank you
Old Oct 26th 2008, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice
Default Re: No of years required

Hi and welcome to BE.

Once you have the PR, you need to validate within 12 months and that has to be the whole family. Then from that date as far as I am aware you have 5 years to move properly.

As far as the citizenship goes, I do not know but someone on here will and I am sure that they will reply soon for you.

Kind regards and good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Lou xx
Old Oct 26th 2008, 5:09 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loubiegreen
Once you have the PR, you need to validate within 12 months and that has to be the whole family.
As far as I understand its 12 months from the date of your medicals or police checks whichever was earlier as they are only valid for 12months. Your grant letter tells you the date you have to validate by - and I believe the whole family has to enter Australia by that date.

Your initial visa grant entitles you to come and go for 5 years and after that you need a resident return visa - you may be refused a RRV if you have not spent enough time in the last five years in the country or are not currently resident.

Citizienship can be applied for I think after 4 years - but I also think you have to have been living in the country for those 4 years???? I'm sure someone will correct me if thats wrong!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
As far as I understand its 12 months from the date of your medicals or police checks whichever was earlier as they are only valid for 12months. Your grant letter tells you the date you have to validate by - and I believe the whole family has to enter Australia by that date.

Your initial visa grant entitles you to come and go for 5 years and after that you need a resident return visa - you may be refused a RRV if you have not spent enough time in the last five years in the country or are not currently resident.

Citizienship can be applied for I think after 4 years - but I also think you have to have been living in the country for those 4 years???? I'm sure someone will correct me if thats wrong!
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

and

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/