No Response on RRV

Old Feb 9th 2018, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

usydkrish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Response on RRV

Hi All,

I have submitted my RRV application on 1 Jan 2018, but is more than 33 days now as per the time mentioned in the department website to process this visa. The application status says - "This application has been received by the department and will be assessed"

I am not sure if any one is looking at my application. Can you let me know what should I do. Any way to reach them.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 1:56 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Response on RRV

Where were you when you lodge the application?
Old Feb 9th 2018, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Where were you when you lodge the application?

My PR had expired when I applied for the RRV. I was out of the country for 5 years. I was outside Australia when I applied

Last edited by usydkrish; Feb 9th 2018 at 2:01 am.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:03 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usydkrish
My PR had expired when I applied for the RRV. I was out of the country for 5 years. I was outside Australia when I applied
Different countries will have different processing times. The website only shows the global average. If you don't meet the 2 in 5 year requirement then it is also likely to take longer to process.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Different countries will have different processing times. The website only shows the global average. If you don't meet the 2 in 5 year requirement then it is also likely to take longer to process.

Is there any way I can reach out to them. Also any idea has the Australian government currently cut down number of migration visas which they offer currently than previous years.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:11 am

Is there any way I can reach out to them. Also any idea has the Australian government currently cut down number of migration visas which they offer currently than previous years.
Probably, if you tell me which country you're in. Define 'migration visa'. There isn't a quota for RRVs if that is what you're concerned about.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Probably, if you tell me which country you're in. Define 'migration visa'. There isn't a quota for RRVs if that is what you're concerned about.

I am currently in India. My PR expired December 2015.

Ok so if my understanding is correct there is no limitation on RRV which they release every year. And I believe it depends purely on the case officer. Also RRV (class 155) is not as strict as compared to a person applying for a new skilled migration visa (class 187 189 etc as example).
Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:40 am

I am currently in India. My PR expired December 2015.
You can call +91-22-67866006 if you wish to speak to someone about your application.

Ok so if my understanding is correct there is no limitation on RRV which they release every year. And I believe it depends purely on the case officer. Also RRV (class 155) is not as strict as compared to a person applying for a new skilled migration visa (class 187 189 etc as example).
Each visa subclass has its own requirements; either you meet those requirements or you don't. An individual case officer has a certain amount of leeway on how to interpret and apply the rules but whether you get any given visa by no means depends purely on them.

Given that you don't meet the 2 in 5 year requirement and your PR expired more than two years ago then you will need to show strong ties to Australia in order to be given a RRV, e.g. family, property, employment. If you don't have these ties then your application will more than likely be refused and you'll have to start again if you wish to migrate to Australia. If it is granted then you'll only likely be given a 12 month RRV so you would need to move to Australia and stay for at least two years in order to gain a five year RRV.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

You can call +91-22-67866006 if you wish to speak to someone about your application.

Each visa subclass has its own requirements; either you meet those requirements or you don't. An individual case officer has a certain amount of leeway on how to interpret and apply the rules but whether you get any given visa by no means depends purely on them.

Given that you don't meet the 2 in 5 year requirement and your PR expired more than two years ago then you will need to show strong ties to Australia in order to be given a RRV, e.g. family, property, employment. If you don't have these ties then your application will more than likely be refused and you'll have to start again if you wish to migrate to Australia. If it is granted then you'll only likely be given a 12 month RRV so you would need to move to Australia and stay for at least two years in order to gain a five year RRV.

I don't see any 12 month RRV from website but only 155 - five years

Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:59 am

I don't see any 12 month RRV from website but only 155 - five years
You only get five years if you meet 2 in 5. You get 12 months if you have ties of benefit to Australia.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...Australia.aspx
Old May 25th 2018, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Can you provide me more inputs on the below. I finally have got a response from case officer

Questions regarding the grant of a travel visa for 12 months ?

Since July 2012, the maximum travel period that can be granted to someone who does not meet the RRV residence requirement is 12 months. This is a legislative regulation and there is no discretion for the Department to extend the period.

Under the migration law, for an applicant to meet the residence requirement for RRV purposes, they are required to have been present in Australia as a holder of a permanent resident visa for at least two years (730 days) in the five years immediately before lodging their RRV application. If you do not meet the residence requirement but satisfy the Department that you have substantial ties that are of benefit to Australia, you may be granted a 12 months travel facility.

Questions
1. So if they give me a visa again based on my current application will it be valid only for 12 months
2. Will I be able to work in Australia with this Visa
3. What should I do when this 12 months get over. Should I again apply for a RRV visa or something else
4. Once I get this 12 months travel facility visa should I move to Australia immediately
5. Currently they are processing my application under Return (Residence) (class BB) (subclass 155) visa. What is class BB
Old May 25th 2018, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

That's taken a long time. Must be stressful for you. To answer your queries:

1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. Yes, if you want to leave Australia (and later return). You don't need a RRV if you are in Australia. 4. Up to you, but the sooner you move, the sooner you will have more links to the country and the earlier you will qualify for a 5 year RRV and later citizenship. 5. No idea, but all RRVs are the same, I believe, so it doesn't really matter.
Old May 25th 2018, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Louie
Since you answered yes for my question 1 its bit confusing now.

What will happen after 12 months when my visa expire, can I continue to stay in Australia if I am already in Australia
Should I apply again any Visa after 12 months if I need to stay further in Australia. If so what Visa
What will be the case for if, I want to leave Australia (and later return), again will they issue me a RRV which will be valid only for 12 months .
Old May 25th 2018, 7:56 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Louie
Since you answered yes for my question 1 its bit confusing now.

What will happen after 12 months when my visa expire, can I continue to stay in Australia if I am already in Australia
Should I apply again any Visa after 12 months if I need to stay further in Australia. If so what Visa
What will be the case for if, I want to leave Australia (and later return), again will they issue me a RRV which will be valid only for 12 months .
Brit in Paris has given you the answer to this in post 8
Old May 25th 2018, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Suppose my question was not understood

Especially regarding - If it is granted then you'll only likely be given a 12 month RRV so you would need to move to Australia and stay for at least two years in order to gain a five year RRV.

If you are given a visa which is valid only for 12 months then how can you continue to stay for more than 12 months (stay for at least two years ) with an expired visa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.