No contact from CO

Old Sep 22nd 2014, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

phillips_75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No contact from CO

Hi,

I submitted my 309/100 De Facto application online 11 days ago but I've still not heard anything other than the auto acknowledgement that comes straight after you submit.

I've been checking the "correspondence" section of my application every day, in case the email went into a Spam folder or something, but no joy.

From what I've read on here, I should normally have been contacted by a CO by now, is that correct?

Should I be worried? I'm tempted to call the High Commission in London and ask what's happening...

Thanks,

Peter
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 8:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No contact from CO

Originally Posted by phillips_75
Hi,

I submitted my 309/100 De Facto application online 11 days ago but I've still not heard anything other than the auto acknowledgement that comes straight after you submit.

I've been checking the "correspondence" section of my application every day, in case the email went into a Spam folder or something, but no joy.

From what I've read on here, I should normally have been contacted by a CO by now, is that correct?

Should I be worried? I'm tempted to call the High Commission in London and ask what's happening...

Thanks,

Peter
Have they taken the payment from your credit card?
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 8:29 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks,

Peter
Its not like a postal application though, where the worry is whether it has got ther or not. Now they are online you know they have rec'd it so to be honest I wouldn't be worrying, you will just need to wait for them to get in touch ( i know its easy for me to say that, but I have been through it, and had other posters tell me the same thing!)
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

OK thanks Pollyanna - and yes they have taken the money off my credit card.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 9:28 am
Home and Happy

OK thanks Pollyanna - and yes they have taken the money off my credit card.
In that case you know they have it

have a drink and try not to stress.......the email will come in time, as will the visa.......trust me, been there, done it, got the t shirt
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Haha ok will do :-)
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

How's this for timing - about an hour later, I got an email from my CO!

It was what seemed to be a pretty standard message, directing me to 3 attached pdfs which outlined the next steps.

As predicted I have a 10-14 month wait...they told me not to book a medical until next March :-(

Never mind...

Thanks again for all your help and advice.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 1:35 pm
Home and Happy

How's this for timing - about an hour later, I got an email from my CO!

It was what seemed to be a pretty standard message, directing me to 3 attached pdfs which outlined the next steps.

As predicted I have a 10-14 month wait...they told me not to book a medical until next March :-(

Never mind...

Thanks again for all your help and advice.
Its scary how long the wait is now, there must be a heap of applicants for Spouse Visas nowadays.
Still at least you know its in progress, thats exactly the email I thought you'd get, attached pdf with reference number and basic info, and an approx timeline for your medical etc.