Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Next Step after receiving (EOI) invitation?

Next Step after receiving (EOI) invitation?

Old Dec 20th 2014, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

FrazSoomro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Next Step after receiving (EOI) invitation?

Dear All,
I have submitted EOI for my Australian immigration under Visa Category 189 and have received the invitation to proceed further. I received an immi.gov.au link where I filled mine and my family's complete personal and professional information/ data. Now when i go to submit this application it is asking me to submit the fee as well
I want to know
1- Do I have to submit any other additional documents as the online application is not asking me for any attachment. If YES, then HOW?
2- If the application is rejected, is the fee refunded?

Appreciate a response
Best Regards,
Fraz Soomro
Old Dec 20th 2014, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

pothugantis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Next Step after receiving (EOI) invitation?

The next step is the fee payment. The fee is not refunded if the visa is rejected. Once you pay the fee and case officer is assigned, then the case officer will ask for any missing documentation.

You need to start gathering details on how and where the medicals need to de done and which all countries' PCC need to be obtained and how, so that once the case officer is assigned you immediately start getting all those.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 9:47 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Also from what others have reported, once the fee is paid, you will get a link to upload all your supporting documents for the application.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

FrazSoomro is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,
Thanks alot for your quick response. I have few more questions if you can answer it,
1- Is the police clearance certificate(PCC) required only for the primary applicant?
2- What to do if I cannot get PCC from one of the country where i have lived in the past?

Best Regards,
Fraz Soomro
Old Dec 21st 2014, 6:13 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FrazSoomro
Dear All,
Thanks alot for your quick response. I have few more questions if you can answer it,
1- Is the police clearance certificate(PCC) required only for the primary applicant?
2- What to do if I cannot get PCC from one of the country where i have lived in the past?

Best Regards,
Fraz Soomro
PCC's are required for all applicants over 16 I think.

If you cannot get a PCC from one country, you would have to explain this to your CO.

Some FAQ's from DIBP - http://www.immi.gov.au/FAQs/Pages/wi...ice-check.aspx

Last edited by old.sparkles; Dec 21st 2014 at 6:16 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 6:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FrazSoomro
Dear All,

Best Regards,
Fraz Soomro
Have a look here for more details
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Andrewajp002UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, in addition to the question above, once you have your EOI invitation is there a date limit on which to apply / pay the fee? I'm hoping to have mine within this round so just checking how much flexibility I have
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Andrewajp002UK
Hi all, in addition to the question above, once you have your EOI invitation is there a date limit on which to apply / pay the fee? I'm hoping to have mine within this round so just checking how much flexibility I have
Once you receive an invitation, you have 60 days to lodge the application and pay the fees.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 8:58 am
Just Joined

thanks OS, if you don't submit within those 60 days can you resubmit? I take it this info is on the immi website, I will try to find it
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Andrewajp002UK
thanks OS, if you don't submit within those 60 days can you resubmit? I take it this info is on the immi website, I will try to find it
It is - some on the visa info pages, some in FAQ

If you do not apply within 60 days, you can no longer apply on that invitation but your EOI goes back into the system and can be reselected again. If you receive 2 invitations and do not apply, your EOI is removed from the system and you will have to start again
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Many thanks thats good news as I may have to delay this EOI, but 2 months should be ok
Old Dec 29th 2014, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

laura2112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I have just submitted my EOI how long did u wait to be invited to apply? I'ma mental health nurse. What do u do?