News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Old Nov 12th 2005, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Thanks for that Orange.

Had some good news from the OU. they are saying they will be able to supply me with an authenticated transcript of my qualification so may be able to start the process in March/April depending on whether the results come through before, during or after our holiday in Oz at Easter.

Am going to contact the agents in January so I can start getting the relevant pperwork together to start things off and erradicate any delays later.

Thanks for all your help.

Debs
Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

Great stuff Debs..... good that the OU are being helpful.

Weather report from the south coast: grey, dull, might rain, but not too cold. Had a quick look at a regional what's on guide. Here's what I found:

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
Friday 23 December

with Alvin Stardust & special guests

Rock legend Alvin Stardust invites you to a rockin’ good singalong this Christmas! Supported by the Stardust Band, The Heartbeats, The Rock Gospel Choir and local guest singers – it’s a Christmas party night for family and friends of all ages.

Classic artistes from Bing to Slade all receive the Stardust treatment - “I Wish It Could be Christmas Everyday”, “White Christmas”, “Frosty the Snowman”, The First Noel”, “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”, “Jingle Bell Rock”, “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus”, “Mary’s Boy Child” and many more.

Should we go? Your chance to vote:

A. Not unless somebody has my nads in a nutcracker
B. Time to get the elvis suit out again
C. I'd rather eat my iPod
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:05 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

thank you for your kind words i sincerely hope you are right, the waiting is killing us!! my nerves are well and truly shot and i am obsessed with checking a) emails and b) the forum 10 times daily!!!
as for the VB the stash is waiting and chilling for us in Oz!! my kind of beer hence my username lol!!
regards
vb2

Originally Posted by orange&
VB2, you're so close now.... you're probably going to be the first got it on this thread. Look forward to the good news! Have you got a stash of VB ready (you can get it from www.surf4wine.co.uk)... £29.99 for 24 stubbies. What a rip... Coopers sparkling ale is very, very good.. organic.... made in southern Aus... While on the subject of beer, see the cool cartoon on www.ozbeers.co.uk......
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

Great stuff..... yes, I'm not sure either about how best to manage the long wait. Having a lot of work on usually helps - means that there's limited time to check austimeline, emails etc. Latest strategy is to have a spring clean of all the baggage we've acquired over the years and have a really good think about whether or not we'll need it in Oz. If not, it's off to the charity shop....
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Dear fellow 139ers in the early stages of the application process.... I've found some information on the taxable income required by an assurer. Knew I'd seen it somewhere. Here's the link:

http://forums.australia-migration.co...ead.php?t=3127
Old Nov 14th 2005, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Thanks or that Orange, it was just what I wanted. Will put it in my file for later.

Debs
Old Nov 14th 2005, 11:50 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

great minds think alike and all that - 3 guesses what i was doing over the weekend!! yep you guessed it, clearing out the house - well spare bedroom in fact - of all the rubbish we had accumulated!! ooooooooooh, please dimia put us out of our misery lol!!!!
wouldnt mind i bloody hate cleaning with a passion, and now i seem to be doing it just for the sake of taking my mind off things - well and truly lost the plot lol!!
regards
vb2

Great stuff..... yes, I'm not sure either about how best to manage the long wait. Having a lot of work on usually helps - means that there's limited time to check austimeline, emails etc. Latest strategy is to have a spring clean of all the baggage we've acquired over the years and have a really good think about whether or not we'll need it in Oz. If not, it's off to the charity shop....
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys, just wondering if you saw the great post about assessment timelines by Welsh Tony on another thread. If not, I've cut and pasted this below:

"Processing times should not be the same for all 136, 137, 138 and 139 cases. The Minister has legally directed that, inter alia, case officers are REQUIRED (by law) to process 139, 137 and MODL nominated occupations for 136 and 138 applications, before other applications. In practice, 139 cases seemed to be taking longer so I queried this with the ASPC. The following is the current situation as of 11th November 2005:

All five regions are working to process MODL and 139 applications within 3
months of lodgement. This is working for most regions now, but a couple
are still at about 3.5 months (This is being addressed at this moment).

Over the last 2 month or so, the Region 3, has been working hard to ensure that the processing of 139 applications was as up-to-date with other priority applications.

Region 3 is now processing ALL priority applications within 3 months of lodgement.

Because of this effort to get 139 cases back up to speed, the non-priority applications have taken a back seat, and the ASPC is currently assessing those lodged between 15 May and 15 June across all 5 regions.

So looks good for Priority cases but non Priority look to be going out to 5 or 6 months - I assume that Region 3 would be closer to 5 months.

Regards

Tony"
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys, just wondering if you saw the great post about assessment timelines by Welsh Tony on another thread. If not, I've cut and pasted this below:

"Processing times should not be the same for all 136, 137, 138 and 139 cases. The Minister has legally directed that, inter alia, case officers are REQUIRED (by law) to process 139, 137 and MODL nominated occupations for 136 and 138 applications, before other applications. In practice, 139 cases seemed to be taking longer so I queried this with the ASPC. The following is the current situation as of 11th November 2005:

All five regions are working to process MODL and 139 applications within 3
months of lodgement. This is working for most regions now, but a couple
are still at about 3.5 months (This is being addressed at this moment).

Over the last 2 month or so, the Region 3, has been working hard to ensure that the processing of 139 applications was as up-to-date with other priority applications.

Region 3 is now processing ALL priority applications within 3 months of lodgement.

Because of this effort to get 139 cases back up to speed, the non-priority applications have taken a back seat, and the ASPC is currently assessing those lodged between 15 May and 15 June across all 5 regions.

So looks good for Priority cases but non Priority look to be going out to 5 or 6 months - I assume that Region 3 would be closer to 5 months.

Regards

Tony"
Well, from a purely selfish point of view, that's good for us on BQ 139!
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Yes.... and also re-assuring that there's still commitment to moving 139s through the system as priority applications, despite the likelihood of future changes.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

smallbeagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kerrygold
Hoorah! Didn't want to build my hopes up. I've had to nominate an occupation which is closely related to what I actually do, although not the profession I'm qualified for. As you say - strange system but who cares if I get the end result.

Can't make up my mind whether to re-train when I'm there to work in the equivalent Australian field but can't really face another four years at college - I'm "of an age" anyway. Might just apply for jobs in the occupation I've nominated anyway. Or maybe I'll just be a housewife and mother until the children have settled in school - let my Husband take some of the strain

Kerrygold, are you working full time at the moment?
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.... and also re-assuring that there's still commitment to moving 139s through the system as priority applications, despite the likelihood of future changes.
I agree, sounds good.

Is that from start to finish of the process???

I wonder if it will be the same in June06. I still reckon we will be the very very last of the 139ers as our app going in within the last 2/3 weeks of the visa applications.

Have you come across anyone else who will be putting app in in June 06??
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

smallbeagle is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Kerrygold]Hoorah! Didn't want to build my hopes up. I've had to nominate an occupation which is closely related to what I actually do, although not the profession I'm qualified for. As you say - strange system but who cares if I get the end result.

Is it better to nominate an occupation you are qualified for and declare work experience of current job on the SOL ?

Is nominated occupation and current job on SOL mutually exclusive?

Thanks.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Hi CathnPaul,

Good to see that this thread is still going...and that you managed to find it buried on page 4 or 5 of BE!

I think the priority label refers to the whole process, although from looking at Austimeline I can't quite see where it's being applied in practice. I haven't come across any other late applicants (that I can remember at least). One thing I have picked up, however, is that strange things with processing times/rates happen towards the end of the DIMIA financial year, which is end of June. Sometimes it appears that lots of applications are squeezed through quickly in order to push up DIMIA targets for the financial year, and at other times, some applications appear to be held up because quotas for the year have been exceeded. Neither of these two issues should directly affect an early June application. There's no way of telling how DIMIA will treat 139s after July 2006 (in terms of speed), although I imagine that they will be legislatively bound to consider them in the same way as an application that is in process now.

Just remembered that Woody1cruiser (Debs) is applying March/April 2006, so will be a relatively late applicant.... see entries higher up this thread.

Last edited by orange&; Nov 21st 2005 at 10:34 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

CathnPaul

We are going to be tight for the deadline and probably won't be able to do ours until about the same time as you. We are also keeping our fingers crossed but if we don't make it and have to go on temporary, then it will have to be.

Good Luck

Debs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.