News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of
Default Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Originally Posted by orange&
Any librarian types out there know where I can find a simple guide to AOS, with income levels of assurer specified? If so, would be grateful if you could share the link. Ta v much
Hi Orange

I found this thread very useful in explaining the assurer interview process, especially the 3rd response from the top:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335081

Not sure if it gives info on income levels, but surely the Centrelink or DIMIA websites would offer this.

Good luck!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

Dear Happymum, many thanks for this. It's certainly useful. I've just sent a very general email off to our assurer today to give them an outline of what will happen. I didn't tell them about the fact that centrelink sometimes outline everything assurers will be liable for if we rob a bank, die in a roadcrash, steal a library book, spit on the pavement etc.... hopefully they've got the wherewithal to deal with that as it comes (fingers crossed).....
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi Gang
a little of the track however we lodged our application on 27th june and today we have had our medical requests yippeeeeeee

Billy & Vicki
Old Nov 8th 2005, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Well done.

You said you lodged your paperwork in June. Is that the first thing you did or is there other paperwork to be sent before you get this far. Did you already have your skills assessed.

Sorry for all the questions but how long has it aken since you sent the first thing in the whole process off.

Thanks

Debs
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi Debs
we stated the ball rolling with the skills assessment that got started in January and we got a positive result from that then it was collecting all the documents that took us about 3 months and we submitted our application at the end of June we have already done our medicals so it is now looking very good just AOS stage to go

Vicki & Billy
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Vicki and Bill

Thanks for that.

Does that mean that the 7 month processing time everyone is talking about is from start to finish or once you send the application off after you have received a positive skills assessment and collected all the relevant info etc.

Could you also tell me ifyou have been using an agent or DIY method?

Thanks

Debs
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debs

well we are using a agent as we felt it was money well spent and it takes off the worry about filling in the correct forms etc
i guess if you have all the correct forms,documents etc it can be done in 7 months in our case if you take away the waiting on getting the documents ready it will have taken SO FAR 6 months and we are hoping to get the visa before Xmas so i guess that would make it the 7 months if there is no problems with your application

Vicki & Billy
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's really great.

We are going to use an agent but need to wait for my results to come through for my degree first. they are due at the end of March when we are in Oz on holiday. think I wll probably contact them to get the ball rolling sooner so that I can get all the bits together. I have started with the birth and marriage certificates of my parents and my brothers but not sure what eles to get. This will mean I will have a couple of months before to ensure I have it right and save time later hopefully.

Thanks for your help.

Debs
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debs
lots of luck when you join the waiting game if there is any advice or help we can give please ask away and as you will know you always get great advice on B.E.

Vicki & Billy
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future
Smile Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

The waiting period of 6-7 months for 139 applications is from submission of main application (or to be more precise, from actual receipt of application by DIMIA) to receipt of letter saying you've been granted a visa. So, if you apply at the end of June, you should (in theory) hear end of December/end of January. That's based on current information on the austimeline site and seems to be the average situation. However, waiting times seem to range at the margins from 4 months (bloomin' lucky) to 9 months (bloomin' unlucky..... or perhaps slow with submitting bits of paper when requested or held up by long waits for medicals). However, there are plenty of people who have submitted applications under other visa sub-classes who have waited an AGE, so an average of 6-7 months isn't bad at all..... there... by the time I get to the end of this post, it all begins to feel very positive!
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Almost 10 of a 16 week wait for medical/PCC/AOS request completed! Anyone else watchin' the clock?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Almost 10 of a 16 week wait for medical/PCC/AOS request completed! Anyone else watchin' the clock?
Yep, but only 2 weeks in unfortunately...
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:17 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

we are 139ers lodged in april!! so the timeline so far has been 7 months already (in hindsight maybe should have frontloaded!) but there ya go!!
as for the weather here - rubbish as usual, windy, rainy, cold typical autumn really!! cant wait for that hot brissy sun to hit my face!!
good luck to all
vb2

Great, looks as though we have enough people to keep this thread up and running. And an international crowd (well almost!)... Philippines, Scotland, and England! What's the weather like where you are today?

Racketman, I would have thought that you'll get your medical, police and assurer requests by the end of the first week in November, if DIMIA deliver as indicated. However, my sense is that they've been slipping a little over the last month, with the 6 month timeline moving nearer to 7 months for the whole process. Is this your understanding too?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi
yes i agree the waiting times can be varied i know of someone who applied same time as us and he has already lodged his bond

Billy
Old Nov 12th 2005, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

VB2, you're so close now.... you're probably going to be the first got it on this thread. Look forward to the good news! Have you got a stash of VB ready (you can get it from www.surf4wine.co.uk)... £29.99 for 24 stubbies. What a rip... Coopers sparkling ale is very, very good.. organic.... made in southern Aus... While on the subject of beer, see the cool cartoon on www.ozbeers.co.uk......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.