News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

neepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to all
Default Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Also..... just thought ... what if there were NO jobs with your skills/ profession in that region.. would they then let you move or would they rather you stay in that region without earning/ working surely if you cant find employment it is better for them to let you move areas? Or maybe they take this all into account before giving you a visa.... hmmmm. Just thinking aloud!
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

When they say work in the area for at least a year, does that mean any job or the skill you have been assessed on?

All seems a bit vague to me.

Debs
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Sorry me again.

Does anyone know if the temporary visa will mean we will have to pay for the kids to go to school, will we be able to buy our own home or have to rent, where do we sand with medical costs.

Sorry lots of questions and whatever the reply, we will still be going for it but need to work out the finances more.

Thanks

Debs
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future

I guess all the restrictions that apply to other visas that don't give PR status would apply to the new-style 139.... but this is just a guess. Isn't there something about having to buy a property off-plan if you settle on a temporary visa? In terms of jobs, I think it would be hard to restrict applicants to doing the kind of work that they applied under...can't see how this can be done. In terms of schools, I don't know about this one. Perhaps others can comment?

Re: residing in the 'same area' as your sponsor, I guess this would relate somehow to the listing of designated areas that you have to adhere to under some of the regional migration visa sub-classes. So if your sponsor comes from Victoria, you'd have to reside in Victoria, but in one of the post-code areas mentioned on the designated area postcodes list on the DIMIA website. Again, just guessing here.....
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your help. Just one more question. What does buy a property off plan mean?

Thanks

Debs
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

orange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant futureorange& has a brilliant future
Smile Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Buy it when designed, but not yet built... in other words, purchase a new build.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Sounds good to me. I always wanted a new house but Alan wanted to buy an older one to save hassle.

Thanks again

Debs
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi neepneeps, your questions are all very valid... I think you're supposed to stay put regardless of your employment status (and regardless of how much you dislike the area you're living in!). However, in order to progress to getting PR status, you need to demonstrate that you've worked for a year. So, catch 22... best advice is to try to beat the deadline and get an application in in advance of 1st July 2006.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

neepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to all

thanks orange - i am definatly going to try! Just thinking about all the possibilities. I sent my vetassess off yesterday so its good to think that the wheel is in motion so to speak!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cool Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Yes, it's just that it's one of those ancient stone wheels, not cut quite right, so rotates very slowly..... sorry this week it feels like I'm a long way off saying hello to the wombats at Taronga zoo.....
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

I will say hello to them as I am off on holiday there in 2 weeks to see my sister!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woody1cruiser, just noticed that you live in the same town as one of the revered agents who frequents this site.. well, his company has an office in Southampton which deals with UK-Oz migration finance issues, such as whether to/how to deal with UK pensions when you make the big move, owning property in the UK when you are a non-resident. Wondering whether it costs £1 billion to get advice such as this..... I asked them, but didn't get an answer... had to fill out a 600 page form and provide lots of highly personnal financial information before they could give an indication of their fees......
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: News - Pre-July 2006 139ers

Thanks neepsneeps.... please do so! Last time I was as Taronga I stood for an age waiting for them to crawl out of their nest... but lazy things.... the wait was in vain. Then a few days later I had the unfortunate experience of driving past a (non-institutionalised) wombat in the Hunter Valley, which was dead, lying on its back with four feet stuck rigidly up in the air... that was all the interaction I got with wombats over a 14 month stay in Oz... Commitment's still there tho'....
Old Nov 5th 2005, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Happy Saturday morning all you 139ers in waiting. How's it going? Does anyone have a nice easy guide to AOS which won't frighten the assurer? I'm particularly in need of something that outlines the income required by the assurer. Many thanks!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Any librarian types out there know where I can find a simple guide to AOS, with income levels of assurer specified? If so, would be grateful if you could share the link. Ta v much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.