Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)

Old Oct 14th 2017, 9:21 pm   #1
Just Joined

bubblegumcowboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (461) Visa - Same Sex married couple

Hello,

I married my husband in December 2016 in New Zealand, and we are planning to move to Australia in 2018. We are putting my visa application together and getting the various evidence together.

We are a same-sex couple I am a British Citizen and my husband in a New Zealand national.

We are using the New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (subclass 461) visa (form 147).

Has anyone else completed the subclass 461 visa and what evidence did you submit to support the application together with the Marriage Certificate.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Last edited by bubblegumcowboy; Oct 14th 2017 at 9:39 pm.
bubblegumcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th 2017, 10:46 am   #2
sr71 
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (461) Visa - Same Sex married couple

Well apart from all the required stuff like medicals and police certificates, the evidence we provided was

-Previous tenancy agreement
-Mail addressed to both of us at the same address
-Flight bookings for the last few years of holidays together
-Marriage certificate
-3 pages of photos, arranged in a contact sheet layout. So about 9 photos per page showing us together.
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th 2017, 6:43 am   #3
Just Joined

Default Re: New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (461) Visa - Same Sex married couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71 View Post
Well apart from all the required stuff like medicals and police certificates, the evidence we provided was

-Previous tenancy agreement
-Mail addressed to both of us at the same address
-Flight bookings for the last few years of holidays together
-Marriage certificate
-3 pages of photos, arranged in a contact sheet layout. So about 9 photos per page showing us together.
Thanks for responding.

Did you also get letters (legally stamped or not) from friends and family confirming the relationship was genuine and lasting?

How long did your visa take to process?
Old Oct 18th 2017, 6:50 am   #4
sr71 
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

No, nothing like that. I haven’t deleted anything from my Hotmail account so had bookings for several years of holidays together. Then also the photos that matched these so I think it was obvious we were genuine.

The processing time was very quick, about 8 weeks, surprised the site quotes a much longer time.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:55 pm   #5
sr71 
BE Forum Addict

Just to add, we applied whilst in Australia, my wife was just entered on her British passport. We then applied for the 461 visa and she was automatically given a bridging visa until it was approved
Old Oct 21st 2017, 10:39 am   #6
Just Joined

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71 View Post
Just to add, we applied whilst in Australia, my wife was just entered on her British passport. We then applied for the 461 visa and she was automatically given a bridging visa until it was approved
Thanks for the info, very useful. We are applying in the U.K
Old Oct 30th 2017, 1:04 pm   #7
Just Joined

sofarsogood00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Showing that each of you is the beneficiary of the others Will. This impressed the case officer when I applied for my wife. Letters from family. Previous flight documents and holiday hotel booking together.
sofarsogood00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st 2017, 8:28 pm   #8
Just Joined

great, we can get copies of our wills and include them

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)