Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

New Visa Application Charges from 1st of July 2013

New Visa Application Charges from 1st of July 2013

Old Jun 22nd 2013, 10:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Visa Application Charges from 1st of July 2013

Originally Posted by Lou n rob
Hi, we are about to apply for a subclass 457 visa, got a shock at the new pricing system. We don't have all our paperwork together yet so does anyone know if you can lodge your application online and then upload your paperwork at a later date? Hoping to do this before Friday. Thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

The new prices will cost us a fortune for a family of 4.
As posted where you asked elsewhere - There are some documents which are essential at the time of application, for all visas, those must be uploaded by the cut off. Additional documents can be added later, but it must be a valid application by 9pm Canberra time on the 28th.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 1:41 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have all our paperwork together yet so does anyone know if you can lodge your application online and then upload your paperwork at a later date?

=> Yes, this is do-able, but I would encourage as many docs as possible to be submitted when you e-lodge, maybe with a covering letter also submitted to say that documents x, y, z, etc are awaited and will be submitted once they are to hand.

Best regards.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 3:50 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As posted where you asked elsewhere - There are some documents which are essential at the time of application, for all visas, those must be uploaded by the cut off. Additional documents can be added later, but it must be a valid application by 9pm Canberra time on the 28th.
eg IELTS and skills assessments
Old Jan 5th 2014, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

gizmoo is an unknown quantity at this point

just got a shock when i got quote for myself wife and 2 kids €5160.00 this rules Aus out for us!!
Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

trevnod is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I was surprised the fee's went up by so much. I was quoted at $2600 odd for a 190 visa and now it's $3520 - jesus that just daylight robbery
Old Mar 14th 2014, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gizmoo
just got a shock when i got quote for myself wife and 2 kids €5160.00 this rules Aus out for us!!
Well it is a lot of money, but in all honesty if an extra $2000 rules Australia out for you, then you probably were not in the financial position to emigrate anyway. Visa fee is just the tip of the iceberg.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

No that's not what I was getting at but I see where your coming from. I'm all for increases as it's the way of life (sometimes) but not at that percentage.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:22 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

And just when you thought it couldn't get any more expensive, the Department is now going to start charging credit card margins depending on the card used. Some cards will be free of this impost:

The surcharge which will be applied to credit cards is limited by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) surcharging standards. These standards allow merchants to pass on the cost of credit and debit card transactions to customers via a surcharge. The department will have three different rates, related to Visa/MasterCard, American Express/JCB and Diners. DIBP rates will differ marginally due to the varied costs of accepting cards for onshore and offshore payments.

The surcharge is based on accepted standards and consistent with the policy adopted by a number of government agencies and local councils.

For the Reserve Bank's policy, see http://www.rba.gov.au/payments-syste...ing/index.html .

cheers,

George Lombard
Old Mar 15th 2014, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

So a visa debit, is that chargeable?