Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

New Visa Application Charges from 1st of July 2013

New Visa Application Charges from 1st of July 2013

Old Jun 14th 2013, 7:46 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Visa Application Charges from 1st of July 2013

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/new-...ges-1july2013/

This also confirms the introduction of a new per applicant component to the amount to be paid to the Department of Immigration.

This charge will be paid by each additional applicant included in or added to a combined visa application (unless an exemption applies). The amount varies according to the age of the applicant and the visa subclass, and is added to the base application charge.

For subclass 189 and 190 visa applicants the Additional Applicant Charge (AAC) for those aged 18 or over is 50% of the base charge.

The amount for those aged under 18 the AAC is 25% of the base charge.

The proposed visa pricing details from 1st of July 2013 are here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/new-...cing-table.pdf

Best regards.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Visa Application Charges from 1st of July 2013

So if you are a couple with 2 children under 18 and applying for GSM, the cost doubles . Ouch.

Last edited by louie; Jun 14th 2013 at 1:08 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Jun 14th 2013, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fair to charge for additional applicants in the same application. I think those non-internet application fee for some visas are new aren't they?

Shame the RRV wasn't increased - should really be a big difference between the cost of that and citizenship.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 1:58 pm
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

one will have to pay this amount in lump sum or first principal applicant then during processing for spouse and kid?
Old Jun 14th 2013, 2:09 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luqmans65
one will have to pay this amount in lump sum or first principal applicant then during processing for spouse and kid?
Hi luqmans65 - as it's the visa application charge, it looks like this fee has to be paid at time of application, so for 1 additional adult, and 1 child visa fee would be $5355 if my maths is correct. In addition, applicants who do not have functional English will have to pay the second instalment of $4250.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 2:21 pm
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

this is not fair. mostly immigrants are from third world countries searching for a better future. i myself dont have this much amount. DIAC should think about it.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 2:24 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

this is not fair. mostly immigrants are from third world countries searching for a better future. i myself dont have this much amount. DIAC should think about it.
I think they already thought about it hence the new charge. It is unfortunate if you are already in the process of applying, but it has been anticipated for some time. Sorry luqmans.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 3:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Luqman, I think you're applying for Canada as well, how do the application fees compare?

You say the fees aren't fair to people from 'third world' countries. Do you think that DIAC fees should be based on an applicant's ability to pay? It doesn't, can't and shouldn't work that way. All emigrants will face costs if they wish to move to another country and everyone has dreams of things they would like to do but can't afford to. It's how the world works.

To perhaps give you a different perspective, my husband is a British citizen, but because I'm Australian we can't go to retire in my husband's country unless we have over AUD$100,000 in the bank. I also have to wait 5 years before being granted permanent residency, and the combined fees for that are over $5,000, just for one person. If you read the UK forum, you will see countless stories of being shut out of their own country, and these are 'first world' people.

Some people emigrate seeking a better future. Some, like my husband, just want to go home.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 5:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts on this are based largely on observations on BE over the last rew years. There is now a far greater number of people asking about bringing dependents other than spouse and children.....parents, siblings, even grandparents. I guess this increase has a lot to do with the new fee structure.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 8:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Luqman, I think you're applying for Canada as well, how do the application fees compare?

You say the fees aren't fair to people from 'third world' countries. Do you think that DIAC fees should be based on an applicant's ability to pay? It doesn't, can't and shouldn't work that way. All emigrants will face costs if they wish to move to another country and everyone has dreams of things they would like to do but can't afford to. It's how the world works.

To perhaps give you a different perspective, my husband is a British citizen, but because I'm Australian we can't go to retire in my husband's country unless we have over AUD$100,000 in the bank. I also have to wait 5 years before being granted permanent residency, and the combined fees for that are over $5,000, just for one person. If you read the UK forum, you will see countless stories of being shut out of their own country, and these are 'first world' people.

Some people emigrate seeking a better future. Some, like my husband, just want to go home.
yes spouse of scouse. but when i c the fee for Canadian immigration it seems a bit fair approach but 3060$ and adding other fees are a too much. The only reason i am applying for canada is their low fee rates for immigration. otherwise i would have applied for australia. i agree that not everyone is immigrating to have a secure future but 90% of the people are applying to have good jobs and earn a huge amount. i dont say that the fee should be based on a person's ability. but dependents should be free as it was earlier. if a person whose income is not that much good and have 2-3 kids and a wife this is going to exceed from $10k. here in my country people donot earn too much.

Last edited by luqmans65; Jun 14th 2013 at 8:42 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 8:40 pm
Banned

not only the application fee for canada (550CAD per person over 22 & 150CAD for dependents under 22), the assessment is cheap as well. for WES Credential assessment you only pay 230CAD. while for Australia i paid 450AUD for my ACS Assessment similarly for TRA Assessment you will have to pay 1000$. i request DIAC to have a look at their fee rates. this is going to be almost impossible for those people who are eligible to apply but 5000/6000$ is their savings for the whole life.
Old Jun 14th 2013, 8:59 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

These new charges are a total break with the tradition of the last 65 years of welcoming families. They're also going to create a lot of frustration at the point of application.

Although the new policy has been well publicised, the grab for client's cash is breathtaking. Whatever the class of visa is, one would assume that the cost of processing family members is more or less the same, therefore the additional amounts being charged on business migration families, for example, is merely a tax.

Particularly for people who are planning applications now, bear in mind that if you want to avoid the increases you will need to be sure that the application has been physically received before 1 July, which is a Monday. Internet applicants need to be sure that their applications have been received before midnight on 30 June, Canberra time.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jun 15th 2013, 5:21 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

yes spouse of scouse. but when i c the fee for Canadian immigration it seems a bit fair approach but 3060$ and adding other fees are a too much. The only reason i am applying for canada is their low fee rates for immigration. otherwise i would have applied for australia. i agree that not everyone is immigrating to have a secure future but 90% of the people are applying to have good jobs and earn a huge amount. i dont say that the fee should be based on a person's ability. but dependents should be free as it was earlier. if a person whose income is not that much good and have 2-3 kids and a wife this is going to exceed from $10k. here in my country people donot earn too much.
Luqman, I can certainly understand people seeking a better life for themselves and their families and I wish you well. However, I wouldn't put any hope at all into DIAC reviewing the new fees, it won't happen under the present Labor government, and it most certainly won't under what will probably be the new Liberal government later in the year.

Also, just a friendly bit of advice - I'm sure you've done your research into wages and the cost of living in Australia but to add to that - what may seem like a huge salary in Australia needs to be balanced with how much it costs to live here. For example, a family of 2 adults and 2 kids who are renting a house would really struggle on $50,000 a year.

Anyway, best of luck to you and your family, I hope you find what you're looking for
Old Jun 15th 2013, 10:20 am
Banned

thank you very much spouse of scouse for your best wishes. i appreciate the way you reply to posts in this forum.
but i am extremely worried about the situation of my country. Here where ever you go for a legal thing to do for yourself, you will have to search for a reference or you will have to bribe someone, qualified skilled people even get a job for only 500$ per month. and this salary is considered high paying. Even for jobs you will have to search out a reference or bribe someone. Government is in corrupt hands. prices for grocery items, utilities , electricity, gas, petrol, is going higher and higher. would you believe we daily have 14 hours electricity and the rest is off. people have purchased their own generators. Hospitals, Police, Education is at its worst stage.
i dont mind if i get paid in australia only 2000$ a month. at least i will be having a peaceful environment having good education system and polite police and best hospitals.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

kkasunperera is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
These new charges are a total break with the tradition of the last 65 years of welcoming families. They're also going to create a lot of frustration at the point of application.

Although the new policy has been well publicised, the grab for client's cash is breathtaking. Whatever the class of visa is, one would assume that the cost of processing family members is more or less the same, therefore the additional amounts being charged on business migration families, for example, is merely a tax.

Particularly for people who are planning applications now, bear in mind that if you want to avoid the increases you will need to be sure that the application has been physically received before 1 July, which is a Monday. Internet applicants need to be sure that their applications have been received before midnight on 30 June, Canberra time.

Cheers,

George Lombard
I'm from Sri Lanka and planing to migrate with my spouse. New visa charges nearly cost my "total salary per month * 12" .
Oh I forgot, they welcome people from boat right. In here this option is very famous and you know who is the big boss of sending people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.